I'll probably get raked over the coals for this, but I bought a new Epi SG and I like it!

Hoddy

• Members
On 8/7/2021 at 1:58 AM, daddymack said:

HNGD, and I won't ask why you posted the pic backwards...:D

I have a couple of Epis, and I gig with them...why not? They sound good, look good and play good.

The only gripes I have with this guitar are with the electronics. Epi did 'upgrade' to CTS pots, but the taper is still terrible. It's not gradual at all. I can roll off the volume or tone controls and there's not much of a change till I get to around 3, then it almost completely goes all the way down....nothing gradual about them. And I wish they would have reversed the direction of the pots like they did on my Tokai and Greco lefty guitars. In a couple of weeks I plan on ordering a pre-wired set of pots and caps from RS Guitarworks and dropping them in.

• Members
5 hours ago, Hoddy said:

The only gripes I have with this guitar are with the electronics. Epi did 'upgrade' to CTS pots, but the taper is still terrible. It's not gradual at all. I can roll off the volume or tone controls and there's not much of a change till I get to around 3, then it almost completely goes all the way down....nothing gradual about them. And I wish they would have reversed the direction of the pots like they did on my Tokai and Greco lefty guitars. In a couple of weeks I plan on ordering a pre-wired set of pots and caps from RS Guitarworks and dropping them in.

Make sure it has Bumblebee caps. Mary Ford would approve.

• Haha 1

• Members
On 8/8/2021 at 5:26 AM, Hoddy said:

Epi did 'upgrade' to CTS pots, but the taper is still terrible. It's not gradual at all.

Sounds like they're linear pots rather than audio taper. In any event, Epi's are great guitars so congratulations and Happy New (White) Guitar Day. :thu:

• 3 weeks later...