Peavey and Yamaha speaker comparison

• Members

"Installed" in what fashion? Neither is safe to be flown.

I have heard both and would have to say "None of the above."

Ok, time for the usual questions:

- Budget?

- Intended use?

- Type and size of venue? Audience size?

- Volume requirements?

- How will the speakers be installed?

- What other sound equipment will you be using?

• Members

I'd recommend a set of these for the budget you are looking at :

http://www.allprosound.com/catalog/productdetails~fprodid~2939~item~Wharfedale-EVP-X15.htm

They will easily outperform either other choices and require less watts to do it. They are similar in many ways to the Yamaha Club 15s but have a different sound to them. You can get a much better price that the link I supplied. I had purchased a pair for just over 500$ canadian... They get damn loud and are reliable.

Al

• Members
Please don't buy Peavey. I agree with coaster, you should get the club series. I own two yamaha club series speakers (S115V). These are awesome. Please don't hesitate to spend a little more for higher sound quality. You won't be disappointed.

Peavey makes speakers that are equivolent to the Yam Clubs, as well as speakers that will blow the Clubs away. Why the anti-Peavey thing?

• Members

Again I was talking about the two models mentioned that ARE NOT for me.You can only tell someone your opinion and then you have to leave it at that.

BTW: I wuld pick Peaveys higher end stuff over Yamaha like stuff any day. Sp5's vs. clubs?? Its obvious to my ears.... YAMAHA anything in the price range of SP2????/Peavey hands down.....

So no one has actually used either speaker??

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Peavey makes speakers that are equivolent to the Yam Clubs, as well as speakers that will blow the Clubs away. Why the anti-Peavey thing?

My Peavey Impulse 1012's are very good speakers. Peavey can make some pretty decent stuff when they put their mind to it. I have owned (and still own) a lot of Peavey gear and it has never let me down.

• Members

either speaker??

I own and use Yami Club 15's and have owned and used older Peavey SP 2 and 3's(not the current models),and would not be afraid to use any of them.When you say Peavey 115 is it the PV115?They are a step down from their SP series,same as the BR is for Yamaha.

Archived