Easy Way to Play Radio stations through a PA System?

• Members

Okay, you guys helped me to buy a ton of PA and lighting gear a few years back. I still have the now old PRX 612m based system + XLF subs you all helped me find and buy. But I have a very rudimentary question that I am not sure how to do.

My block is having a block party in a few weeks. No live music or anything. I know how to play my iPad or iPhone through my old Mackie DL 1608 using an Airport Express I purchased just for the system. But for this block party, people basically just play their own music in front of their houses. No DJs or bands. So in front of my house, I want to set up one of my PA speakers just to listen to radio stations for me and my guests. The speaker is a PRX612m, which I can toss on a stand. I can either set up the Mackie mixer or not if needed. Obviously I don't want to stick one of my SM58s on a portable stand and mount it in front of a radio.

Is there some inexpensive way or device that has an FM Tuner, with say an XLR output, that I can preferably stick in the back of the XLR input on the PRX612m or that can send an output to one of the channels in my mixer if need be?

Edited by ChiroVette

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...