Why are guitarists so poop?

macken_nz

• Members
8 hours ago, Grant Harding said:

I've got 2 amps BTW.

Two amps too many me thinks. Have you thought about selling them on and moving your focus onto something more in line with your ability?.. Maybe crayon drawings would satisfy Lil grantie poops?..

Annnndddd Go!!

• Members
1 hour ago, macken_nz said:

Two amps too many me thinks. Have you thought about selling them on and moving your focus onto something more in line with your ability?.. Maybe crayon drawings would satisfy Lil grantie poops?..

Annnndddd Go!!

I've heard your playing. You've got no basis for criticizing mine. You're acting like a child. Goodbye troll.

• Members
2 hours ago, mrbrown49 said:

Dude i just asked you to keep it civil and you came back with,

"Well he started it"

Pretty childish. 

Let it go.

I was stating a fact. You can't just call that childish and claim a victory. Are their no adults here with brains apart from that one dude?..

Here's two valid points. 

1) You are defending another persons comments that you aren't directly involved in. "Let it go"

2) You cherry picked one line from my argument to make a point and refuse any further discussion. "pretty childish"

You are defeated. And where's your post of your music?.. cough up before you groan on.

• Moderators

This is an interesting topic. Although I started playing guitar since I was a teenager, I hardly prioritize being "technical". I play more based on vibe and feeling rather than complexity or virtuosity. My philosophy when it comes to performing music, is to serve the song or music first, and not necessarily for making the musician look good. To me its about using fewer notes but also the most appropriate notes to taste, not playing as many notes as possible. I don't really consider electric guitar as my primary instrument these days, but I do occasionally have electric guitar parts and I try to apply this philosophy in my own songs.

• Members
21 minutes ago, davie said:

This is an interesting topic. Although I started playing guitar since I was a teenager, I hardly prioritize being "technical". I play more based on vibe and feeling rather than complexity or virtuosity. My philosophy when it comes to performing music, is to serve the song or music first, and not necessarily for making the musician look good. To me its about using fewer notes but also the most appropriate notes to taste, not playing as many notes as possible. I don't really consider electric guitar as my primary instrument these days, but I do occasionally have electric guitar parts and I try to apply this philosophy in my own songs.

Thanks for your articulate and informative response here Davie :) 

"the most appropriate notes to taste" that sums up alot of what I think I was trying to go for. Well Said champ.

But that Grant Harding guy.. :)

• Members

You know, I don't know if it's the sh!tty day at work talking, but you really come off as an condensing a$$. "Poop"? Really? Music you don't like is poop, and yet others are "artistic" (Are you the same one who worships at the house of Blackmore? Shudder.... He had his 15 minutes of fame 40 years ago.)

If someone disagrees with your high and mighty opinion, you tell them to write in crayon. You insult people, and their opinions, and bitch about how people come to this forum and ask about pickup changes. This forum was BUILT by those people! What gives you the right to insult those people?

Mods, if I stepped over the line, I apologize, but sometimes things need to be said.

• Members
18 hours ago, badpenguin said:

You know, I don't know if it's the sh!tty day at work talking, but you really come off as an condensing a$$. "Poop"? Really? Music you don't like is poop, and yet others are "artistic" (Are you the same one who worships at the house of Blackmore? Shudder.... He had his 15 minutes of fame 40 years ago.)

If someone disagrees with your high and mighty opinion, you tell them to write in crayon. You insult people, and their opinions, and bitch about how people come to this forum and ask about pickup changes. This forum was BUILT by those people! What gives you the right to insult those people?

Mods, if I stepped over the line, I apologize, but sometimes things need to be said.

I'd say poopy day at work and you harbour some severe resentments about people having opinions.

I wouldn't say i am insulting.. well maybe to grant but I found him to miss the point on the topic I was getting at and i'd argue he was the instigator in being abrasive. And please don't call me childish for saying he started it. It's simply a valid point to make.

I never said my opinion was high and mighty, I try to be insightful about art and the guitar. The blackmore is god was an obvious tongue in cheek commentary on claptons overwhelming popularity compared to ritchie. 

We all have different tastes and I just tried to celebrate mine. I have a huge number of heroes in the field and the language of poop was used to provoke and stimulate responses in an otherwise sterile environment about gear and little else.

You obviously have been so greatly offended by these assertations which is pretty childish and sad.

Have you thought about working on your personality?

Maybe post a tune of your own and we could strike up a real conversation?

phillip philington - YouTube