Why are guitarists so poop?

• Members
Posted (edited)

Something happens to a guitar players brain when they get to a certain level of ability which amounts to them forgetting about real art and pursuing technique and poop over real artistic statements.

Maybe they need to smoke more pot?.. Ingest more mushrooms?.. Listen to more Aphex Twin?..

I'm soo bored.. John Mayer is so lame & that Rhett Shull guy should of blown away in the wind ages ago.

Why is everything?

Edited by macken_nz

• Members

Hatred is a bit strong. I'd say more tired and dissapointed than anything.

Forgive me for stating an opinion on mediocrity.. How dare I really.

What you posting about these days champ?.. 

• Members
47 minutes ago, 1001gear said:

See if this does anything for you...

Now that is amazing! Thanks for posting you made me forget about pootube guitar channels and lighten up :)

• Like 1

• Members
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, macken_nz said:

Hatred is a bit strong. I'd say more tired and dissapointed than anything.

Forgive me for stating an opinion on mediocrity.. How dare I really.

What you posting about these days champ?.. 

You think Guthrie Govan is mediocre poop and Blackmore is God. I don't think we can move forward from here, champ.

My posting used to be mostly responding to people about legit guitar stuff. Now it's facebook here.

Edited by Grant Harding

• Members
15 hours ago, Grant Harding said:

You think Guthrie Govan is mediocre poop and Blackmore is God. I don't think we can move forward from here, champ.

My posting used to be mostly responding to people about legit guitar stuff. Now it's facebook here.

Again i'm just sorry to have an opinion. I will attempt to be more legit in the future.

Goo Aphex Twin!

• Members
3 hours ago, Grant Harding said:

Sure thing.  As you were...

Hard work here it seems.. The ridiculousness of your offence here considering the redundant posts made on this forum makes you appear fragile.

I'm so sorry I didn't embrace your mate Guthrie.. He's way too conventional despite his technical ability.. No real statement to be made and another example of why modern guitarists are poop. Maybe spend the time on amp #12 & #9 reminding yourself why you've hoarded such a silly amount of equipment your lack of talent can't endorse.

What a joke..

• Members

So difficult to peg an individual's ideals. You look to the world of art and you find a bunch of psycho babble for aesthetics, and no solid craft or abilities. My criteria of art starts with "the artist can draw". Without that, only the descriptions - or confusion have even the possibility of merit. Same for musicians, shop keepers, world leaders blah blah...

• Like 1

• Members
1 hour ago, macken_nz said:

Hard work here it seems.. The ridiculousness of your offence here considering the redundant posts made on this forum makes you appear fragile.

I'm so sorry I didn't embrace your mate Guthrie.. He's way too conventional despite his technical ability.. No real statement to be made and another example of why modern guitarists are poop. Maybe spend the time on amp #12 & #9 reminding yourself why you've hoarded such a silly amount of equipment your lack of talent can't endorse.

What a joke..

No need to be insulting.

Go listen to aphex twin and cool off a bit.  Throw a little boards of canada in there too.

• Members
1 hour ago, mrbrown49 said:

No need to be insulting.

Go listen to aphex twin and cool off a bit.  Throw a little boards of canada in there too.

If I were you i'd look at who threw the 1st stone before labelling my behaviour as insulting. And telling someone to cool off is the worst sort of insult ansd says more about the person unable to articulate their point. You need to cool off I tinks :)

From fragile man..

"You think Guthrie Govan is mediocre poop"

"I don't think we can move forward from here, champ."

"responding to people about legit guitar stuff" 

"now it's facebook here"

I'd argue that this one is intolerant and insulting. He described my posts as not 'legit'. Then got so upset he whined about not being able to reconcile a difference in stylistic choices. Criticized me for not liking Guthrie.. really?.. that guy?.. unggh

And the worst is how he ragged on my favourite site FB.. How dare he. He sounds like a child and I wonder how he gets through a day without losing it about something insignificant.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I will check out boards of canada.

• Members
1 hour ago, 1001gear said:

So difficult to peg an individual's ideals. You look to the world of art and you find a bunch of psycho babble for aesthetics, and no solid craft or abilities. My criteria of art starts with "the artist can draw". Without that, only the descriptions - or confusion have even the possibility of merit. Same for musicians, shop keepers, world leaders blah blah...

Thanks for your articulate response here.. I can tell you have insight which in my short time here I can tell is all too rare.

• Members
1 hour ago, macken_nz said:

If I were you i'd look at who threw the 1st stone before labelling my behaviour as insulting. And telling someone to cool off is the worst sort of insult ansd says more about the person unable to articulate their point. You need to cool off I tinks :)

From fragile man..

"You think Guthrie Govan is mediocre poop"

"I don't think we can move forward from here, champ."

"responding to people about legit guitar stuff" 

"now it's facebook here"

I'd argue that this one is intolerant and insulting. He described my posts as not 'legit'. Then got so upset he whined about not being able to reconcile a difference in stylistic choices. Criticized me for not liking Guthrie.. really?.. that guy?.. unggh

And the worst is how he ragged on my favourite site FB.. How dare he. He sounds like a child and I wonder how he gets through a day without losing it about something insignificant.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I will check out boards of canada.

*yawn*

Grow up.  

• Members
5 hours ago, macken_nz said:

Thanks for your articulate response here.. I can tell you have insight which in my short time here I can tell is all too rare.

Glad you enjoyed the Heifetz/Bach. Couple friends attended USC music school and when I visited I would always check out his office. It was right off the practice rooms IIRC. He was never there but I would gaze at his name on the door for inspiration.

• Like 1

• Members
10 hours ago, macken_nz said:

What a joke..

Well said! I'll work on my talent. Nice guy. 

• Members
14 hours ago, mrbrown49 said:

*yawn*

Grow up.  

You're the one with the childish two word response.. I articulated my response. Maybe learn to write some words that have multiple syllables?.. I believe in you xx