Deleted for privacy and safety reasons

jjang1993

• Members
20 hours ago, jjang1993 said:

verify if these pedal sized amps have the same volume of a 25-watt tube amp as advertised??

It all depends on what speaker cabinet(s) you connect to this pedal-amp. It's a safe bet that the poweramp in the SuperBlock is a Class-D, they work fine, they're efficient and reliable and it's really the only way to get any kind of power into a pedal-sized amplifier. However, unlike a tube amp, a class-D amp has a hard limit on the amount of power they can put out, when you get to the 25 watt output, it will either clip (distort) in a very un-musical way, or the amp may have a limiter, or some amps go into "protect mode" and shut off until the power is cycled. Having said that, 25 watts can be loud enough for a band setting with an efficient speaker cabinet, like a 12" or even 2 x 12" open back cab. If you connect this thing to a tiny 8" closed back cab, you'll be disappointed. 

A twenty-five watt tube amp can be overdriven beyond it's rated power, but of course with power amp distortion which may or may not be desirable depending on the kind of music you're playing. 

• Moderators

It will get close, but only if you have the PS-24 power supply, which should come standard with the unit.

I was a Quilter [and solid state in general] skeptic for years until I picked up a used Aviator head. Now I know Quilter is on to something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • jjang1993 changed the title to Deleted for privacy and safety reasons