Yorkville Y115 compared to Yamaha Club V

• Members

I can pick up a pair of these Yorkville Y115 for $200. I have to drive about an hour to get them and was wondering if anyone has used these in comparison to the Yamaha club series 115.

Specifically wondering about bottom end. Does the Yorkville have close to the same bass response? Specs are somewhat close...I have heard the Yamahas and was happy with the low end of those.

EDIT: The Yorkys are NOT the YX15 - but the older Y115

• Members

You won't be happy with the bass output of the Y115s. Pretty weak... They are not a bad sounding speaker, but the YX15s are much better in every respect. Yamaha Club 15s will get louder and handle more power. I owned some Y115s a few years ago, and they were OK with subs but damn whimpy without.

Al

• Members

I agree with Al.

The original Yorkville "Y" series was not very good. When Yorkville moved their "Y" series production to China, they were able to make far better speaker cabs, at least partially due to the wage difference between Pickering and wherever they are now made in China.

I would go for the Clubs, or find some used YX15's.

BTW, AFAIK the rest of the Yorkville stuff is still made in Pickering (Ontario, Canada).

Archived