Bedrock 1200 schematic and amp search

Hoot Owl

• Members

This pertains to a 'boutique' company out of New Hampshire which operated in the mid-80's through late 90's. I have a 1200 head, but it's the second generation - which means it's wired on PCB. The first generation was hand wired. So, I'm looking to convert mine to hand wired. I have a schematic for my head (2nd gen) but I don't have one for the hand wired version. Anyone who can help would be appreciated.

A question:

Since I have a schematic for the PCB type what would be the possibility of interpreting that into a hand wired schematic? My neighbor is an electrical engineer, though he knows nothing about amplifiers. He does owe me for work I've done for him, however, so...

Does that plan of action seem plausible? Doesn't seem like rocket science, to me.

• Members
23 hours ago, Hoot Owl said:

This pertains to a 'boutique' company out of New Hampshire which operated in the mid-80's through late 90's. I have a 1200 head, but it's the second generation - which means it's wired on PCB. The first generation was hand wired. So, I'm looking to convert mine to hand wired. I have a schematic for my head (2nd gen) but I don't have one for the hand wired version. Anyone who can help would be appreciated.

A question:

Since I have a schematic for the PCB type what would be the possibility of interpreting that into a hand wired schematic? My neighbor is an electrical engineer, though he knows nothing about amplifiers. He does owe me for work I've done for him, however, so...

Does that plan of action seem plausible? Doesn't seem like rocket science, to me.

It's not rocket science.

Brad Jeter (now jettergear) and Ron Pinto, started the company. Brad is over at Guitar Fetish and also owes. A guy named Evan Cantor was the designer.

Brad is a pedal designer and makes some very nice OD pedals.

He might have time to answer an email

https://www.jettergear.com/

• Members
22 hours ago, Mikeo said:

It's not rocket science.

Brad Jeter (now jettergear) and Ron Pinto, started the company. Brad is over at Guitar Fetish and also owes. A guy named Evan Cantor was the designer.

Brad is a pedal designer and makes some very nice OD pedals.

He might have time to answer an email

https://www.jettergear.com/

Thanks. I already contacted Brad via email. He said he's "moved on" and "I really can't help you". Left me wondering if his Bedrock experience was less than rewarding. They were in biz 13 years, I believe - enough time to lose a lot of money or not make any. But who knows? :idk:

The other guys I couldn't track down.

I think I'm moving on too, though I haven't given up on reinterpreting the PCB design into a hand wired one.

• Members
8 hours ago, Hoot Owl said:

Thanks. I already contacted Brad via email. He said he's "moved on" and "I really can't help you". Left me wondering if his Bedrock experience was less than rewarding. They were in biz 13 years, I believe - enough time to lose a lot of money or not make any. But who knows? :idk:

The other guys I couldn't track down.

I think I'm moving on too, though I haven't given up on reinterpreting the PCB design into a hand wired one.

I heard the key to the the bedrock amps and there tone, was due to some super high end components, and a killer oversized transformer.

Good luck. Personally, I'd leave it the way it is. You have a piece of Aerosmith rock history.

• Members

Update:

I finally took a serious look at the BluGuitar Amp 1 boxes. Awesome! They have the Amp X coming out soon too:thu:. So, I've decided to change course. Am selling six tube amps. The only one I'm keeping is the Bedrock. I cancelled an order for a Marshall that I made a big deal over :facepalm:. I'm that blown away by BluGuitar. So small, so portable, so affordable, no tube biasing, sounds so damned good, AND feels like a tube amp. Kemper and Axe FX never quite did it for me. Helix's are $1,600 and not exactly what I want. I'm pretty sure Blu is IT, for me, the goal being to downsize, simplify, and focus a bunch of gear into one rig that is easy to move.

I'll admit a REVV Dynamis is intriguing too, though.:facepalm:

Edit note: Just found out the Amp X may not be ready this year, or possibly toward the end of the year. I'm probably going with the Amp 1 Iridium for now.

Edited by Hoot Owl

• 1 year later...
  • Members
On 5/8/2021 at 11:34 PM, Hoot Owl said:

A question:

Hi. I'd appreciate a copy of your 2nd gen schematic as I am repairing a PCB based bedrock amp. Thanks Jeff