what electric guitar should I pick?

neuro

• Members

sorry for my grammar my native language is not English😅

I've been playing classical guitar for 4 years and now i want to switch over to electric.

because I'm on a budget currently my main choices are esp-ltd ec 10 and cort cr150

both are great guitars but I've heard that the esp is more suitable for metal

i would be really appreciated if someone could help me pick one of these two models or recommend me another model similar to these.

• Moderators

welcome neuro! Was ist los?

Obviously you want something suitable for playing 'metal'. It would be hard to recommend without knowing your price limits, especially based on the choices that you have here.

The 'ESP-LTD EC 10' streets at about $200[us][€166], a decent 'starter' Les Paul style, 2H/1V/1T...the Cort CR150 looks like it may have been discontinued...but if you can find one used, I would take that over the ESP.

I'm not certain what is currently available in Europe, but you might look at the Harley-Benton Les Paul style guitars like the SC550. But there are plenty of other decent starter instruments suitable to playing 'metal' in that €125-250 range...Samick, Squire, Epiphone, Ibanez...and the 'new Chinese' lines like Glarry.