Suzuki W85 Dove copy

DeepEnd

• Members

A coworker who knows I play guitar recently inherited a Suzuki W85 Dove copy and showed me a couple of cell phone pics. It appears to be from the 70's (Yamaha, Alvarez and Univox were making Dove/Hummingbird copies during that time period and probably a bunch more) but beyond that I can't find anything. Does anyone know anything about the Suzuki variant?

• Members
14 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

A coworker who knows I play guitar recently inherited a Suzuki W85 Dove copy and showed me a couple of cell phone pics. It appears to be from the 70's (Yamaha, Alvarez and Univox were making Dove/Hummingbird copies during that time period and probably a bunch more) but beyond that I can't find anything. Does anyone know anything about the Suzuki variant?

I think the Dove and Hummingbird copies were made by Kiso Suzuki around the mid 70s. It is likely to be a very well made guitar that rivals a genuine Gibson in quality. Suzuki guitars from around that time are highly valued instruments. Nice inheritance.

• Members
5 hours ago, garthman said:

I think the Dove and Hummingbird copies were made by Kiso Suzuki around the mid 70s.

Yes, the label inside does say "K. Suzuki." I wish I had a way to post pics. It's a sweet looking guitar, granted that I haven't played it. I'm sure he'll be happy with it.

Archived