Tilted Saddle & Compensated FWI Saddle Sizing

bmast160

• Members

Do you think this level of tilt in the saddle is a problem? There is a very subtle gap between the saddle and bridge. Also, I like the sound of FWI saddles and the only compensated one I can find is made for Martin guitars, but it seems that Martin uses a slightly thinner saddle dimension - about a difference of the thickness of a couple sheets of paper.  Any recommendations?

BDFA4ABF-D5A5-4F27-AE03-CDFC93B44E80.jpeg

BC5B3B3A-32D3-4330-97F2-A6DC20D98750.jpeg

BDFA4ABF-D5A5-4F27-AE03-CDFC93B44E80.thumb.jpeg.a383e819d9cbb9c6c230affb64555b79.jpeg

BC5B3B3A-32D3-4330-97F2-A6DC20D98750.thumb.jpeg.b6de92d9405b23ed44135953b4347f6f.jpeg

• Members

I think the tilt is probably OK but there is any easy fix when using a saddle that is narrower than the slot. Just cut a strip of thin plastic (a piece from a pill blister pack works well) the same length as the saddle and just a touch less in height than the slot depth and slip it into the slot in front of the saddle. You want a reasonably snug fit so hunt around if pill blister packs are too thin.

• Members
On 1/13/2021 at 8:19 PM, DeepEnd said:

It's probably okay but there's more of a gap than I like to see. You may have to give up on FWI and "settle" for bone or TUSQ. Best of luck.

ok, thank you. i figured it was probably ok, but wanted confirmation.

• Members
On 1/13/2021 at 2:50 PM, garthman said:

I think the tilt is probably OK but there is any easy fix when using a saddle that is narrower than the slot. Just cut a strip of thin plastic (a piece from a pill blister pack works well) the same length as the saddle and just a touch less in height than the slot depth and slip it into the slot in front of the saddle. You want a reasonably snug fit so hunt around if pill blister packs are too thin.

thank you. i think that may actually be too thick. i used 2-3 sheets of paper cut into strips and added them to the side closest to the neck.

Archived