New Gear Inspiration

• Members

I don’t know about anyone else, and maybe it’s shallow on my part.  But ordering some new gear has gotten me back to playing a ton more.  Goofy part is it’s just a couple pedals and they haven’t even arrived yet.  

IDK.  I’m guessing because I’m not performing I needed something else to get me excited.  Pedals arrive on Wednesday!

• Members

No man, I agree. Gear acquired at the right time can give you a nice bump in motivation. Problem some people have is they keep doing it and it becomes a distraction from what they should really be doing = practice!

I just actually reworked my rig a bit to setup a stereo thing with a Kemper Profiler at the heart of it. I got some Headrush FRFR cabinets and honestly I am really enjoying it.

Glad to hear you are pumped. Let us know what you got and your feedback on them

• Members

So the two pedal I got were:

EarthQuaker Devices The Depths V2 (A Univibe)

Danelectro 3699 Fuzz

I've never owned a Fuzz or a Univibe before.  The Depths I LOVE.  Can dial in this Dark Side of the Moon tones instantly.  Lots of fun and definitely a fixture on my pedal board.    It'll be awesome helping me fake keyboard tones/parts.  

The 3699 I'm still iffy on.  It's got the fuzz and the Octave, which is really cool.  But, IDK how else to say it except that it's too fuzzy.  I really only like it with the fuzz down to zero.  This one I'm going to need to play with a bunch more.  I mean, if I was doing a Jimi cover band, it'd be awesome, but so far, it seems very one dimensional.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

the 3699 is their cloning of the old Foxx* fuzz from the 60s, and yeah, it was not very expansive, but if you are looking for that nostalgic sound, like Hendrix, Zappa, Velvet Underground...there it is!

* on your telephone, F=3 O=6 x=9, hence the 3699 designation. I know this because for many years [until a year ago] my family landline ended in 3699 and we used to say the number was  xxx-FOXY....they likely stole that from me!😉

• Members
On 1/21/2021 at 3:25 PM, daddymack said:

the 3699 is their cloning of the old Foxx* fuzz from the 60s, and yeah, it was not very expansive, but if you are looking for that nostalgic sound, like Hendrix, Zappa, Velvet Underground...there it is!

* on your telephone, F=3 O=6 x=9, hence the 3699 designation. I know this because for many years [until a year ago] my family landline ended in 3699 and we used to say the number was  xxx-FOXY....they likely stole that from me!😉

I totally forgot about that old Foxx fuzz! That's a name I haven't heard in a long while. Not that I am 60's old - but I remember jamming with a guy who had one once (I hated it lol!). Although I was a bit young and it just sounded like a crappy amp lol.

Archived