How has quarantine been for your playing?

• Members

Hey all,

As we near the end of this bloody awful year and possibly COVID in general (Come on vaccines!) how has it been for your playing? Personally it has been a fantastic period of growth for me. The increase in downtime has definitely allowed me more time to focus on various holes in the boat.

How about you all?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

For the last 2 years I've been going to the pawnshops here and picking up electric and acoustic guitars that needed some repair to them.  But since the corona virus killed the flea market this summer, I got stuck with them. So what did I do... I brought them all back to the pawnshop  ( a different one ).  The only guitar I lost any money on was the Squier Standard Strat. a 2009 model made in Indonesia. By loss I mean 4000 yen or about 40 bucks.  All the others I actually got more then what I paid for them.  It was my hobby. So about 3 weeks ago I went on a shopping spree. Bought 2 amps, Dunlop Classic wah wah, 2 guitar stands, new computer, Focusrite Solo  gen 3 interface, mic stand, mic cable, and nice 1 meter guitar chord, a Fender guitar strap, a new bass ( Squier Bronco ) and an angry wife.  🤣

This year was my first year since the end of August I haven't had employment since I was 15 and 1/2 years old.  Still want to work, but pretty tough in this country when you are up there in age.  Vietnam Vet.  But life is about as always, out cycling, fishing , walking and some yard work.

Will I get back into buying guitars that need fixing up.  Maybe, it was fun and I learned a lot from YouTube.  May hard to believe but I never paid more then 3000 yen or 30 bucks for any of them. 

Might try to find the pictures and post them here, new computer so maybe I have the pics on an sd card some where or on Box.com .  I'll check.

Archived