Is This The Real Deal In Steel??

ksl

• Members
Hi all & hope all are well~ For my one & only Squier DIY, which I though I was hot stuff outfitting it with brass block & saddles,, but those are the lessons we learn when we DIY,, the gtr is great plugged in, but acoustically dead,,, but now am going all black steel with a Wilkinson SB513 from the Gotoh factory, everything I need & (no need to piece it together) pictured below,,, so, keeping it real simple,Β 
πŸ‘orπŸ‘Ž
Β 
Thanks to advance~
Be well!Β πŸ•‰

Screenshot_20201019-224818_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20201019-224818_eBay.thumb.jpg.7a875e74fcb4508e11e70b02eb71f6fd.jpg

• Members

Fitting a brass, steel or pot metal block and saddles won't substantially affect the acoustic properties of the guitar - you may get a little more or less snap, but that's it. If anything, the heavier the block, the less energy will be transferred to the body & turned into acoustic vibrations, but the difference will be small.

But yes, let us know how it turns out.

• Members
On 10/22/2020 at 9:09 PM, Brindleleaf said:

Yes... I've always heard that the better an electric guitar sounds unplugged...the better it will sound plugged in...is that true?!

Better.... quantify that. πŸ˜‰

Β 

I tend to pick guitars based on how they feel and respond unplugged - I play by feel more than technique - as well as plugged in, so that's important to me. On one occasion I bought a guitar as a basket case, but by holding the body up and tapping on it with my knuckles I could hear that it was basically resonant & responsive, rather than dead-sounding. The guitar rebuilt fine & went on to become a regular player for me.

Some players are much more methodical in their approach it's likely to matter less, and if you use a lot of gain it will probably not matter at all.

• Members

Honestly...I have very little experience with different guitars. I have three electrics now and two acoustics... And I've only ever play a couple more. I find that they grow on me. The more I play them, the more natural they feel...

Strange perhaps to say, but my favourite guitar is my 138 euro Harley Benton telecaster. Now I have set the action, I REALLY enjoy playing it...

Archived