• Members

Thank you for your input heath!  yes I have actually just got done building stands out of 4x4s and 2x6s  to get the speakers up 48" from stage level.  This past sunday was first time running sound since the change.  I noticed that the front few rows are not being blown away with the highs but the vocals were still pretty clear.  I still have not gotten the tops and bottoms separated with a crossover yet, as still not having funds to do so, but am working towards it as i can.  The sound of the system is very good, and almost weekly I get compliments from the congregation on how well it sounds.  Yes 108 is loud, I had just been doing testing to see how loud I could push it.  we run more like 98 to 100 with bumps to around 102 for the most intense parts of songs, but not often.  I  check in here every couple of days, but as I need to get a pic of the stage set up as it currently is with the speakers now on stands(they are affixed to the floor on all 4 posts).

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • Members

Good monday evening.  Just an update for you all who have read this and assisted me in the past.  I will try to get a picture of the set up we have stage wise, and I had recently run into an old friend who had another set of community cs70 speakers that he wasn't using, which coincidentally were the other set to the ones the church is still using now, that he and I had used 20 years ago when we ran sound.  He let me have them as he isn't using them and hasn't for about 7 years.  I have them sitting on stage, but have not had much time to look into them to see what shape they are in and if they even work.  If they do work, or only need small work to get working, then i will add these to the ones already in use, and unhook those MTX's from under stage, and leave them there until we get time to find some actual subs to put in their place.  The church is actually in the process of going digital with the audio gear and we are currently waiting for the rest of the equipment to get in so we can go full In ear monitors for the worship team, so the monitors on stage will all be gone!  yay for me as it will make my FOH mixing so much easier as the keyboardists can never hear themselves but their instruments can be basically not in the house mix unless the band is in a big part of a praise song....  No, I don't have a crossover yet, but then again i don't have subs either.  We have done a few movie nights with the current system, and people say it sounds nearly as good as in a movie theater so i think that i am heading in a good direction.  We are looking to head towards doing city wide youth group praise and worship events in the near future as well(probably after the holidays) and with subs, and the community cabs above them (2 per side) this should make it pretty rocking for the young adults.

speaking of subs, we are considering building our own, as we have access to a lot of wood to build the cabinets.  Does anyone have a suggestion on a cabinet building program?  I have seen decent reviews on the rockville stuff, and it seems to be priced decent (not dumpster cheap prices)  I am looking to go 18" subs and 2 per side.  or should I go 4 per side?   If rockville stuff isnt good, please let me know and also give suggestions on decent once to use? 

Thanks again all and Have a great day.