• Members
16 hours ago, Gibson29 said:

Hi guys!  What’s in this particular forum?  Regs don’t seem to be interested in carrying on guitar related convo, one-time posters abound with ..interesting questions, but never make it beyond one post, the regs that do want to keep the AG section viable treat them with embarrassingly royal treatment (my opinion), the whole “welcome to the forum”, or “before I forget my manners” stuff obviously isn’t well received, and it’s kind of creepy, no one does that.  

“Welcome to Facebook”, “before I forget my manners, let me welcome you to....” don’t know why you guys do it, but ok.

Just keep it real, answer the one posters and stop BEGGING them to come back.  If folks keep it civil, informative, and not cynical (yeah, I’m a cynic..sorry) maybe people would populate.  It’s a joke to even the regulars.

Post recently about a bulge, normal acoustic guitar bulge.  First poster.  I said “all acoustics have bulges”.  5 after said the same thing, yet had to “welcome”(see above).  First look from anyone is that desperation plays a hand, and no one really cares to interact with others.  I’d be surprised if that person came back.  No mistake, good info, but all caught up in their own ego, no “community”.

Nope.  The regs here have blown it. My opinion only.

I will slink back to PP now and continue my important work in the meme thread. 😆

Well, it's because we old timers are largely polite and courteous. Our parents taught us that good manners and respect for other people were essential requirements for living in a civilized way. Alas many people of later generations live their life in their bedrooms with their face stuck to a phone extolling their self interests.

• Like 1
  • Members
3 hours ago, garthman said:

Well, it's because we old timers are largely polite and courteous. Our parents taught us that good manners and respect for other people were essential requirements for living in a civilized way. Alas many people of later generations live their life in their bedrooms with their face stuck to a phone extolling their self interests.

Oh, it’s not that.  IMO it’s just weird fawning over a first time poster.  There’s nothing rude regarding just answering his questions, maybe ask him something pertinent, and see if he comes back.  Again, just an opinion.  

As to your last bit, I don’t know anyone like you describe, I generally find the later generations quite engaging when treated as equals, and I’m in my 60s.  I find people of my generation more and more unwilling to admit they may be the issue though.

• Members
1 hour ago, Gibson29 said:

Oh, it’s not that.  IMO it’s just weird fawning over a first time poster.  There’s nothing rude regarding just answering his questions, maybe ask him something pertinent, and see if he comes back.  Again, just an opinion.  

As to your last bit, I don’t know anyone like you describe, I generally find the later generations quite engaging when treated as equals, and I’m in my 60s.  I find people of my generation more and more unwilling to admit they may be the issue though.

Oh come on! "Fawning over a first time poster" ? We just say hello and welcome, FFS. That's polite and courteous. And for the rest, you obviously lead a very sheltered life.

• Like 2
  • Members
9 minutes ago, garthman said:

Oh come on! "Fawning over a first time poster" ? We just say hello and welcome, FFS. That's polite and courteous. And for the rest, you obviously lead a very sheltered life.

Well,ok, just putting in my .02, no need to get testy 😁.  And before I forget my manners, let me apologize for contributing to your testiness!

• Members

See?  You’re pissed (or you’re not 😊) no one has any opinion on my opinion, the community has collapsed in on it’s own ego.  Oh, that’s right, with my clever wit on the last post, I “won” the topic?  (that was a patently bullsh*t remark, btw..) There is no conversation amongst friends here, just remarks within cliques, and those cliques are really getting smaller..

Seriously, what are you, us, at the AG forum wanting to have happen?

(I was wondering what sort of conversation would happen 24 hours after posting.  Guess I found out, best of luck.)

...slowly backing away making soothing noises until I can reach the door..crap! It hit me in the ass!😄

• Members
1 hour ago, Gibson29 said:

See?  You’re pissed (or you’re not 😊) no one has any opinion on my opinion, the community has collapsed in on it’s own ego.  Oh, that’s right, with my clever wit on the last post, I “won” the topic?  (that was a patently bullsh*t remark, btw..) There is no conversation amongst friends here, just remarks within cliques, and those cliques are really getting smaller..

Seriously, what are you, us, at the AG forum wanting to have happen?

(I was wondering what sort of conversation would happen 24 hours after posting.  Guess I found out, best of luck.)

...slowly backing away making soothing noises until I can reach the door..crap! It hit me in the ass!😄

Well, no. Just didn't think it was worthwhile continuing.

Edited by garthman
  • Members
1 hour ago, Grant Harding said:

So you've proven that the forum isn't as active as it used to be. Insightful. 😉

See?  Ok, you won, I’m chastised.  I’ll slink away and not invade your party of...what, 3?  

55 minutes ago, garthman said:

Well, no. Just didn't think it was worthwhile continuing.

Well hey, good having this conversation, I enjoyed your insight! 🙂

• Members
On 10/20/2020 at 11:06 AM, FretFiend. said:

It's interesting to compare the reactions noobs receive here at HCAG as opposed to over at the Political Potty.

On 10/20/2020 at 3:41 PM, Gibson29 said:

Don’t keep us waiting! 😄 compare!

I have to wonder, did you want to respond?  Do you have a real interest in conversation?  Or is this the regular hit’n run comment that killed the forum in the first place.  

• Members
Just now, FretFiend. said:

Funny you should say that.  Hit'n run comments seem to be the norm in the Political Potty. 🙂 Real interest in conversation? Certainly... if it's interesting.

Huh.  Asked you to compare, yet you just remain mysterious about it.  Ok.  
Over at PP, there are actual conversations with people that disagree, I hang out there,  mainly because of that.  Don’t see folks posting stuff like you just did.  You seem, as do most of the forumites here, unwilling to talk, just want to get in the best “dig”.  

Well, ya got me!  You win.