• Members

Folks,   I bought an Epi 339 a few years ago, and that thing is so easy to play............I love all my guitars but that one almost plays itself.......

Anyone agree?

I play 60s and 70s rock and some pop

Edited by Dan Furr55
  • Members
7 hours ago, Dan Furr55 said:

Folks,   I bought an Epi 339 a few years ago, and that thing is so easy to play............I love all my guitars but that one almost plays itself.......

Anyone agree?

I play 60s and 70s rock and some pop

I have never played a ES 339, but I have played the Heritage Prospect.

My ES 335 was my fav Gibson that I owned until I bought a Gibson ES 275.

There's not much I don't like.

Mine looks like this

Gibson-ES-275-Figured-Montreux-Burst-%25

They sound like this.

Edited by Mikeo
  • Members
2 hours ago, Dan Furr55 said:

When you reach 100,000 posts you should get a free guitar............ haha

Or at least a few picks!

They should pay me to run Harmony Central

The site is pretty dead.

They let it go to to hell, from the site it once was.

There's been a few so called up grades, and I had over 111k

One day I snipped a pic of it all, just before a HC software meltdown.

You still can't edit inserted media attachment and remove them from the file.

I have beta test a lot of stuff here, and no free Gibson guitar.

JC should at least sent me a LG2 model acoustic. Maybe a 60's Les Paul Standard in Ice Tea with a decent flame top too.

I'm not playing anywhere these days, but I might do some street buskin soon. If I get arrested, maybe someone will pay my bail out. I have all the stuff for some serious street buskin. 

One more issue is I go downtown almost everyday with my doggie and there's not many people there. The people that are hanging on the street are mostly bums, even poorer that I am these days.

Freedom of expression is alive and well. I got songs to play and stuff to say.

brZcq1X.jpg

• Like 1
  • Members

Back to the subject of the post: Epiphone 339

Friend who is pretty much acoustic guy got an Epi 339, brought down to beach for me to try out.

Really really nice in my opinion. Couldn't find an build flaws. Lovely neck, action, nice feel, pickups sounded good. If I didn't already have so many guitars I would for sure considering getting one. I am partial to semi hollow and hollows.

My friend is somewhat stuck with view "acoustic guitar is how a guitar should sound" & decided he didn't like it. Yes a table saw is not a jig saw, although they both cut wood.

He wound up trading for some Taylor with another friend who was also at beach. And so it goes.

Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will steal some of my collection so I could rationalize getting the Epi

• Members
1 hour ago, Dan Furr55 said:

The Pelham blue comes with P90s............. I personally dont like P90s. 

I myself like humbuckers better. P90's have a darker tone, but it's not always a bad thing. Different tones, different amps.Different sounds if you now what I mean.

P90's are what they are. I have some P90's in a SG Classic guitar. The Godin 5th Aves I have have a P90 like pick up.

Back like 10 years ago, Gibson did a 100 lot run of the ES 339 in Pelham Blue. Cool color. That limited run is fetching some  nice bucks.

I believe first came the ES 336 with a solid carved top, and then the ES 339. The small profile was designed for folks who like the smaller body of a Les Paul and might like getting into some hollow-body territory.

One thing I think Gibson hasn't done with this smaller hollow-body is put a varitone pick up selector on it. Which is just some resistors, caps and a small choke transformer to cut specific frequencies.

I hate the front mount output jack on SG's and ES 335's., and this was moved to the side on the 336 and 339. 

I use an right angle cord when I play my ES 335. 

• Members
On 9/19/2020 at 2:44 AM, Dan Furr55 said:

The Pelham blue comes with P90s............. I personally dont like P90s. 

I love P90s... piqued my interest with that. However, looking at a few sellers, all the pelham ones seem to have humbuckers. Where did you see the P90s?