Help Solve CORT Bass Mystery~

ksl

• Members
Okay, so here's the alleged story: My life-long buddy of 65 yrs & counting, had an older brother whose mother-in-law had been a housekeeper at the Dakota in NYC, w/Yoko Ono being one of her clients in & around the mid 80's. This maid was gifted this CORT bass, of course with no documentation, along with a solid state Peavey bass amp, that belonged to the family, but was probably young Sean's, and wasn't getting much use by anybody. My buddy & I are closer than blood, & closer to him than his brother (rip), who's been known to whip up a story or two in his life!!,, Here are all pics that I took of it, & if someone would possibly be so kind as to chime in & shine some light as to the age, model, & quality/value of this CORT bass. 
Many thanks in advance,
be well~
Kenny 
🕉🎶

20200905_173100.jpg

20200905_173235.jpg

20200905_175207.jpg

20200905_175311.jpg

20200905_173204.jpg

• Members
On 9/12/2020 at 12:42 PM, ksl said:
Okay, so here's the alleged story: My life-long buddy of 65 yrs & counting, had an older brother whose mother-in-law had been a housekeeper at the Dakota in NYC, w/Yoko Ono being one of her clients in & around the mid 80's. This maid was gifted this CORT bass, of course with no documentation, along with a solid state Peavey bass amp, that belonged to the family, but was probably young Sean's, and wasn't getting much use by anybody. My buddy & I are closer than blood, & closer to him than his brother (rip), who's been known to whip up a story or two in his life!!,, Here are all pics that I took of it, & if someone would possibly be so kind as to chime in & shine some light as to the age, model, & quality/value of this CORT bass. 
Many thanks in advance,
be well~
Kenny 
🕉🎶

20200905_173100.jpg

20200905_173235.jpg

20200905_175207.jpg

20200905_175311.jpg

20200905_173204.jpg

Interesting story.

Sean was born 1975 and I believe the last two number date this bass at 1982.

At that time Sean would have been 7 years old and that would have been an ok bass to start on.

The bass amp may relieve  more dates.

I have seen Sean and his Band live. The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger and they were better than expected. Sean's band was the warm up for Beck. 

He pretty much makes albums out of his apt in NYC.

Sean has a face book page. You'd be surprised who's on Facebook.

You might try contacting is label, which is Chimera Music, someone there might be able to contact him and see if he ever played the bass. It's worth a shot. Chimera Music is a pretty small label and the contact would be at info at chimera music dot com. 

Make sure you let them know you are not interested in selling the bass, and are just looking for info on it.  It was given to you by a very close friend.

Archived