New Guitar Day!

xStonr

• Members

I made a decision to stop working full time and collect SS. Next week and moving forward I will only work 2 days a week. This will help the business I'm in to keep the other employees they have and stay open in this newer covid enviroment. Also, it's my birthday in 2 weeks and when my Dad passed in May he left me a few $$ so I decided to buy a guitar I always wanted. There are not too many around but I was able to find one locally yesterday and couldn't wait to pick it up on Wed so I got it today. It sure is pretty and not to mention the Jangle. 
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
Happy Rickenbacker 620/6 to me!

• Members

I have that guitar in fireglo.

Rickenbacker's are a difficult find in stores.

They are really small and pretty damn cool.

The neck on mine is a bit chubby compared o the other Rickenbacker guitars I own.

Sorry to hear about your dad's passing.

The key to the jangle is a some compression and boost.

Almost any Fender amp will do.

• Members

Make sure you send in the warranty. I took off the truss rod cover on my 350V63 and the paint pealed off the cover. The Halls ended up sending me a new truss rod cover, but I had to send the old one back first.

They won't sell you a thing, unless you return the old part first.

The 350v63 is my 4th Rickenbacker.

I have a Fireglo 330 6 string, I bought in the 90's

The Fireglo 620 6 String I bought in maybe 2000

a Jetglo 330 12 string is not super old

and the Midnight blue 350v63 with toaster pups. The middle pup up is a real PITA, as it's kind of where I would want to pick.

Trust me on the slight compression and a touch of boost.

You're in good company, with Pete Townsend, Mike Campbell, Johnny Marr, Peter Buck. Marty Wilson Piper and many others.

I'm a huge fan of power pop music.

The cool thing about Ricks, is nobody else make one. Univox made em in the 70's, but only bass guitars I believe. Ibanez and Hondo made them too. The Hall probably sued the !@#$ out of em. 

I have actually never even tried the Stereo output jack on my Rick 620.

I have played the 325 John Lennon model and the scale is like a toy.

• Members
On 8/30/2020 at 1:12 PM, xStonr said:

Thanks for all the tips Mikeo. I usually don't send in warranty cards but after the 30 day return period I will send it in. I like the guitar but now I want a 12 string.

I hear ya.

I have collected 4 Rickenbacker over the decades.

Personally the 330 is still my fav. I don't know what models those are, as they have binding on the front of them. They could have been some special runs. My 620 has front binding.

I may not have much, but I have quite a few guitars.

Changing the stings on a Rickenbacker 12 string is like a 1/2 a days work.:facepalm:

Archived