One handed paradiddles...

1001gear

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Members
On 11/13/2020 at 7:01 AM, race81 said:

Its easier with my right hand than my left...cause im still left hand stupid.......😜

Hah ther. Been in suspended animation or something. Looking around for excuses to boost the new ranking scale they got. This gets me 5 points lol...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Making progress on this. Am now able to articulate with the wrist and forearms nearly tension free. IOW all nearly impetus comes from back of the elbow with the stick pivoting around the tip.

Edited by 1001gear

• Members

Micro progress update:

Right arm loosening up. This is a base issue since over the years, my right arm being dominant had also developed force related tensions. Any vets out there wondering what's left to practice, identify all the wrong tensions in your chops and iron them out once and for all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

Mini Bitch.

Saw some youtube videos. New tubers, expert drummer teachers with that bouncy wouncy technique I find so annoying. Their take on stick control is it should require little or no effort; all fulcrum and magic or something. Pfft...

Drumming is a dynamic language. It requires continuous physical input like wind, string, and indeed all other instruments.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Just saw one talking about triple your hand speed etc... Yes we know about Moeller and how it works. Yes Weckl plays real good etc.. But that stuff comes from a time when drumming was drumming and it never really addressed the requirements of stick control addressing the requirements of music. For instance, with traditional drumming, you simply must play loud enough for the sticks to bounce at the desired rate. Ooh neat trick. I suggest budding drummers incorporate mallet/keyboard percussion into their knowledge base. The stick control alone will be worth the effort.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

More Blogna for this blog.

Been doing a lot of therapeutic drills lately. This is simply working the tension points that impede mechanical smoothness. If you have a working, habitual technique going, it's pretty easy to discover these dead zones and deal with them on the level of physical therapy. Simply work the zones as slowly as required on beginner material. In my case square Haydnesque rhythmic figures. I call the work, parametric discomfort. The nice thing is you always know where your work is. Stop for an hour, day or week, it's right where you left it, waiting.

• 1 year later...