Fender Jaguar info please!

Brindleleaf

• Members

Hi all .. it's strange...I played only acoustic for years and was quite happy with the two guitars I had... Then bought an electric...and seem to have interesting options popping up all the time!

I may be able to get my hands on a Fender Jaguar MIJ for around $350. Every one I can see on internet seems to be priced WAY higher....so it could be a bargain. Why are these guitars so rarely mentioned? Why are they expensive? Most importantly...why should I buy it!?😁

Any thoughts?

• Moderators

they are expensive because Fender prices them that way, and for no other reason. Okay, maybe the Cobain association thing, but I really don't get that at all...

I have tried Jags and JazzMasters many times and the Jaguars never seem to appeal to my ear, or my hands...and yeah, the bridge/trem is a joke, and an aftermarket replacement is pricey. I have had several Jags brought to me by frustrated friends who whine about the tone, the controls [typical question: wtf are all those switches for?:facepalm:], the whammy...and they think I can 'fix' it, but it is what it is...and I ask why did you buy it? And most answer :idk:

• Members

This fellow seems astute and stuff enough about the guitar, it's switches, their use and even explaining them. Minus all the sucking up to Fender, the video would be a couple minutes long. Seems to me the guitar's workings are not rocket surgery so what does that tell you about buyers of the guitar who can't figure it out from the literature, or otherwise can't figure it out by ear?

Archived