I've got a few new lessons on B.B. King, Albert King and blues turnarounds in E for you!

How's it going?  I've been swamped with getting ready to go back to school (I teach at a conservatory for 7th to 12 graders and just got made a "Big Band" director on top of my other groups and guitar classes) but I thought I'd share a bit of what I'm working on for the new YouTube channel:

B.B. King's "Sweet Little Angel" intro lick:

Albert King's "Crosscut Saw" intro solo:

10 Turnarounds for Blues in E

And a backing track that I recorded a few weeks ago with some scale suggestions:

Let me know what you guys think!

Also, is there a better way to share YouTube links?  I'm out of practice with the forum here.

• 4 months later...
On 12/16/2020 at 4:43 AM, guitarville said:

Good lessons.

well explained

would say if you played each bars slow, medium and the reg. speed.  that way we can use vlc to slow down

Thanks!  I usually have my students use the YouTube speed control for slowing things down.

I haven't updated this thread in a while...I have a ridiculous amount of lesson and backing track videos now (over 100) and I'm doing a live lesson on YouTube Wednsdays and Thursdays for folks that want to ask questions in real time.  You can find it all here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvyh5yHdzG7rosg1k5l_VQA/playlists

Archived