Weird Guitar Question

dvkerner96

• Members

So I was playing along with some music, and my phone (what my speaker was plugged into) fell. When it fell, the 3.5mm plug came out, and as I reached to plug it back in, the 3.5mm plug touched the 1/4in connector that was plugged into my guitar. I heard the buzz sound that you hear from the speaker when a live plug touches a surface. I am wondering, is it possible for that to have damaged my guitar in any way? Could it have sent a current through my guitar and hurt any of the electronics? Since there was electricity going through the 3.5mm plug, and it touched the metal on my connector which was plugged into my guitar. Strange question, I know, but my mind tends to wander with these things unless I ask someone about it. 

• Members

Rule of thumb with Gibson Les Pauls and Gibson SG's. If if they are in the case, don't know the case over. My luthier has made a  fine living repairing Gibson head stocks. The Customs with 3 piece maple necks might be a bit more forgiving.

I have never had and issue, but a J185 I own I had laying against the bed and dented the top of the head stock. My luthier steamed out the dent  and ever polished the top of the headstock, better than Gibson ever though of doing. I still have the J185 that was purchased in 1993. It has a lovely flamed back on it, better what I have seen on many J185. It's in a very sweet Cali Girl styled case.

I own a lot of Gibson gear I have collected over 4 decades, and it's all in really fine shape.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Mikeo said:

Rule of thumb with Gibson Les Pauls and Gibson SG's. If if they are in the case, don't know the case over. My luthier has made a  fine living repairing Gibson head stocks. The Customs with 3 piece maple necks might be a bit more forgiving.

I have never had and issue, but a J185 I own I had laying against the bed and dented the top of the head stock. My luthier steamed out the dent  and ever polished the top of the headstock, better than Gibson ever though of doing. I still have the J185 that was purchased in 1993. It has a lovely flamed back on it, better what I have seen on many J185. It's in a very sweet Cali Girl styled case.

I own a lot of Gibson gear I have collected over 4 decades, and it's all in really fine shape.

what does this have to do with the topic, amigo?:freak:

Archived