• Members

Whazzup?
Looks like the forum is full of threads that have been old when I was young. Digging up the dead? I thought, CoVid-times should be times of more music and more discussions in friendly acoustic guitar forums?
Just asking: diid anyone notice B-Band is dead as a Dodo? But there are gods alternatives out there. Cherub GT-6 anyone?
When did we have the last bridgepin discussion? Or debated over VN guitars?

• Members

Well, is the forum page by itself powered by Google? I thought it's always latest post first? Or did HC mess even that part of the forum up?

• Members
2 hours ago, katopp said:

Well, is the forum page by itself powered by Google? I thought it's always latest post first? Or did HC mess even that part of the forum up?

Who knows?

A few of us are battling on, trying to keep the place alive but it's hard work. One would think that Covid lockdowns everywhere would have generated more interest in forums but alas, seemingly not so.

So many people seem to live life with a phone stuck in their face :idk:

• Members

farcebook is a force...  and similar antisocial media apps...  im guilty myself as its so much easier to do a fb/live feed... or zoom session... 

for the gongs and bowls, or flutes i get a workable, decent sounding mix by pressing one button on an i pad air pro something...   at first it was really fun!  it may still be so, for others, but its about the same return as playing for my cat.  not a negative thing, mind you, but then the cat gives immediate physical feedback as she will sometimes meow in accompanying tones to a couple mantras. a def positive on the energy return...   then theres the time factor...  take the time to set up and record a concept piece...  im not so good with my daw, setting up, tweaking, moving, changing mics, untangling cables, 4 to 5 hours later i come here to dump a track i had to upload across a sloooooow as moles-asses-in-maine-in-january satellite service so seven people,(two of which are alts) can see the post, 4 will open it and actually listen to it, and 3 morons will berate me for not using capital letters or punctuation in my poast... for weeks...   then if i mention it, i get bant for three weeks...  ummmmmm...  im not that smart, but it sure seems some o’ dis shift is contraindicative to a user friendly musicians site...   :idk:

• Members

well, I do Facebook, too, but I prefer Forums about Facebook. Why? Facebook is there to annoy me, to drag my attention away to a gazillion other FB content. Forums, on the other hand, keep me focused. I like Forums.

• Members

right...   i like dancing in the rain, but that doesnt negate the fact that a lot of other folks, besides us, have moved on to other forms of social media...  i mean, you did ask for opinions...

• Members

I didn't ask for opinions, I have enough of them myself. Indeed, I have so much of them that I give them away on teh interwebz for free! 🤣😂🤪

• Members
Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2020 at 12:40 PM, katopp said:

Whazzup?
Looks like the forum is full of threads that have been old when I was young. Digging up the dead? I thought, CoVid-times should be times of more music and more discussions in friendly acoustic guitar forums?
Just asking: diid anyone notice B-Band is dead as a Dodo? But there are gods alternatives out there. Cherub GT-6 anyone?
When did we have the last bridgepin discussion? Or debated over VN guitars?

ok...   wtf is this?  a recipe for breakfast smoithies?    dude, you asked... on a public forum... peeps gonna reply...  thats the way it works. youll get the hang of it. 

Edited by Voltan
  • Members
1 hour ago, katopp said:

You've seen the smilies, didn't you. That was meant to be a joke.

dude, youre the only joke here...  there are no smilies..

just let it go...   do yourself a favor...

• Sad 1
  • Members
1 hour ago, katopp said:

You've seen the smilies, didn't you. That was meant to be a joke.

morons berate people after theyve trolled them...  type a bunch of bullshjt and add a smilie... “oh, its a joke”...   

• Moderators
On 7/23/2020 at 3:26 AM, katopp said:

it is still based on latest post:wave:

• Members
Posted (edited)
On 7/25/2020 at 11:53 AM, katopp said:

My apologies, didn't know that you were using telnet on a VT52.

im using decent gear, thank you very much... however i have a severe bit of glaucoma due to an eye operation i had before quarantine...  so im sorry if my physical limitations don’t quite meet the expected standards around here...  i’ll try and get that surgery as soon as possible just so i can see the happy colors that negate all the words typed...  please accept my appologies for having a surgeon that was a bumbling fuktard...

sometimes we all jump to conclusions... try not to make it a habit, mkay? 

Edited by Voltan
  • Members
On 7/25/2020 at 2:15 PM, Voltan said:

morons berate people after theyve trolled them...  type a bunch of bullshjt and add a smilie... “oh, its a joke”...   

Well, Voltan, I probably shouldn't interfere but Katopp is a long-standing member here at HCAG and I have never observed any instance of trolling from him. Perhaps it's you that needs to loosen up?

• Like 1
  • Members

garthman, apparently he could not see the smileys I have added to my posts.

No my problem, but since he can't see smileys I understand that he could not get it.

• Members
On 7/26/2020 at 10:59 PM, katopp said:

No my problem, but since he can't see smileys I understand that he could not get it.

Ah! OK - understood. Apologies to Voltan.

• Members
Posted (edited)
On 7/26/2020 at 4:59 PM, katopp said:

actually, it is your problem...  and ill repeat my answer just in case your vision is impaired as well...

On 7/25/2020 at 1:27 PM, Voltan said:

im using decent gear, thank you very much... however i have a severe bit of glaucoma due to an eye operation i had before quarantine...  so im sorry if my physical limitations don’t quite meet the expected standards around here...  i’ll try and get that surgery as soon as possible just so i can see the happy colors that negate all the words typed...  please accept my appologies for having a surgeon that was a bumbling fuktard...

sometimes we all jump to conclusions... try not to make it a habit, mkay? 

hope this helps

Edited by Voltan
  • Members
On 7/26/2020 at 4:59 PM, katopp said:

thanks for catching that...  i seriously am having vision difficulties and not too much i can do right now...   thank you for your patience and understanding.