TUBE AMP CHASSIS FOR POSSIBLE MODDING,,

ksl

• Members

Here are the schematics I was able to dig up of the exact amps. Forgive the double entry of the second schm. Looking to do something that's clean & mellow, but past 5 or 6, get into old Gibson GA20/40, Premier, Danelectro or Supro 6V6 territory. No buzzsaw or uberdrive, but nice smooth harmonically rich OD. Maybe either of these amp's Phono pots could be used as a master, but I think I'd prefer 1 knob to do it all, unless there's a cool master that doesn't suck tone. My primitive, caveman thinking makes me think I'd want to drive the s*** out of the power tube(s)... I'm not going solely for volume, which each amp would be limited on, but the 'juice"~~
I did pick up a Western Electric 81B15 which has the exact tube configuration of my Gibson GA20 & 40, but I wouldn't expect them to sound at all alike two some tweaks....

Screenshot_20200714-141241_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20200715-213844_Gallery.jpg

Thanks again!

• Members

The Bogen HE10,,, it's waiting for my tech to get Covid comfortable,  which I think will be Friday. After being the biggest (not embarrassingly) troll alive, asking & breaking how to do the 3 prong conversion, I confidently installed them on 4 amps I purchased over the last month or so. For now, one by one, I just want my guy to bring them up on a Variac to make sure their safe, & replace any bad or about to fail components. He's a whizz, but he's not a guitar player, and his methods of adding Distortion to a circuit is not based on a guitar amp-tech's proven method. There's a certain re-tweaking of the preamp section & the power section that is not what I would trust for him to do,,, & not simply stick a few diodes & lower a resistor & call it gain. So, first there's a Bell & Howell projector amp that I want him to get going, then i will find the right tech for the job, and make a 1x12 combo out of. Then I'll hit the Bogen, & with its much simpler layout, I'll seek out some info from all you folks, & armed with full schematics, perhaps I'll get somewhere. First thing was yo make a capacitor discharger!! I want to stay alive to tell the tale~~

Peace all & be well!

Archived