Lets Talk Glarry

• Members

Lets start This with a story: For My 30th birthday this year my lovely Lady wanted to buy a guitar for me. Just so happened a local shop here in the Middle of Nowhere KY who usually sells pallet items had 2 for sell. She went straight there and bought one with out opening the case. So the day Comes and she attempts to trick me with one of those Plastic blow Up guitars that are sold at every party supply store in the country (we all have one) with the case behind her back. While Opening it with anticipation and seeing how excited she was about it I open the case. It is still wrapped from the factory like new and I finally get a good look at it for the first time. I look up at her and say " Honey I am Not left handed" ..... The Heart Break  in her eyes was enough to say it all. So we finally come home and I take it to my little area of our home and start to get a idea of what I can do with it. While back there she walks in and say "we can take it back if you want" To which I refused. The next morning I had purposely sat the guitar on our couch for her to see and while not noticing it at first when I woke up afterwards she asked "How did you fix it?" I had taken and converted it to a "Hendrix" Inspired Left (Right) Handed guitar. Now Not only was it unique but we had both put thought and love into a instrument that before might not have been worth a lot but now it means so much more to me. 

While seen as a "budget" Brand I will say Glarry has a lot of strong things going for it. Not only does the price max out at 129 (USD) for a 5 string bass and 119 for guitar I was surprised by how well certain things were done on such a Budget Instrument. Even with the one I had received Being left handed the fret edges were well done, The neck was straight and needed very little adjusting done and while some things are left to be desired it is great modding platform and for what one pays for it stock you can budget for much nicer parts in your build. If you have a younger child or even a teenager that wants to get into guitar or bass I highly suggest them and Even if your just a seasoned player looking for a cheap banger or a jumping off point for a home made custom build Grab a glarry and you will not be let down at all.  
https://www.glarrymusic.com/

• Members

That's a great story, and I think you made exactly the right choice. You've made that guitar into something special. 'Budget' guitars are just as much fun as expensive ones if they play and sound okay. The first guitar I ever got rid of was a mostly laminated Vintage V300... I still think about that guitar! It was such a sweet guitar to play...enjoy yours!

Archived