MXR Pedal Repair?

akpasta

• Members

I've had a Carbon Copy "Bright" for a couple years that I bought off reverb. Seemed brand new when I got it.

I've used it a lot for a few years, always treated it pretty well. Lately it started shorting out and finally shorted out completely so I took it apart to see if it was anything simple I could fix. It is not. These pedals are are totally printed circuit board with no user-serviceable parts that I can see (for me anyways).

I would really like to get it repaired if I could. Does anyone know if MXR repairs their pedals?

If anyone is curious about the problem, I did deduce it's not the input jack but the power system. It only works with a battery (when plugged into AC with no battery it doesn't make any sound), and the pedal doesn't produce any sound at all when turned off. confused.gif

Anyways, any advice would be great. Thanks!

• Moderators

I would think the cost of repair would outweigh replacement.

And ' the pedal doesn't produce any sound at all when turned off.' makes perfect sense to me...unless you mean that it doesn't go into 'bypass' mode, and the signal is stopping at the pedal...which is different:wave:

• Members

Problem is for sending it to MXR for repair, is that you opened it up. Any warranty whether implied or not is voided once it's cracked open. So hunt down a decent repair tech, and see if the cost is worth getting it fixed, versus getting a new one. Personally I think a new one is the better choice.

Archived