Interesting/unique acoustic

DeepEnd

• Members

I was browsing on the local (St. Louis) CraigsList the other day when I stumbled across this unusual specimen.

Skylark.jpg.c5b5d239b1befebd4a7cc5cc5162b8e9.jpg

It's described as an Avian Skylark, designed by luthier Harry Fleischman and it's going for a relatively reasonable $800. Never heard of one before, much less seen one, and I need another guitar like a hole in the head but it sure is cool. https://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/d/saint-louis-avian-skylark-handmade/7144395050.html

• Members

No fret markers on fret board is something of an inconvenience to anyone trying to play along in a jam setting. Friend of mine had guitar lacking markers AND he is left handed, which makes things even more fun! I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult to either put stick ons or even some small holes filled with white epoxy or something as a courtesy. But what do I know? (not much)

• Members

If I were actually going to buy the guitar adding position markers might be something I'd explore. But I don't need another guitar, I don't really have $800 to throw around, and besides all that it's OM sized and I lean toward dreads.

On 7/12/2020 at 5:16 PM, Mikeo said:

Usually smaller  luthiers do an amazing jobs at building guitars. . . .

While Fleischman designs the guitars they're manufactured in China in what's supposed to be a dedicated factory. Prices for new ones still run up toward $2600. I found a brand new non-cutaway Skylark on Reverb.com for $699+50 Expédition (shipping) but the ad is in French so I don't know if that's US or Canadian dollars. Could be leverage for someone who was actually interested.image.thumb.png.cc5ef650093ddc2053efed891d69a43b.png

Archived