Line 6 X2 xdr955 vs shure pgx24/beta58

• Members

Well, I've used both of these quite a bit. I own the Line 6 mic. I think, without a doubt the Line 6 mic sounds and performs much better.

I've even used the Line 6 mic for a high profile evnt that I do every Sunday. It's been great! Gear snobs get an attitude just because of how much it doesn't cost.

There really isn't one single thing I like about the PGX, except that I always appreciate products that come in at a price that us poor folk can afford!

But really, if these are your two choices, go with the Line 6.

I hope this help!

• Members

I've even used the Line 6 mic for a high profile evnt that I do every Sunday. It's been great! Gear snobs get an attitude just because of how much it doesn't cost.

I think this is an inaccurate generalization. I think most care how they perform, how they hold up and the features that apply to making them money and avoiding embarassment.

• Members

I think this is an inaccurate generalization. I think most care how they perform, how they hold up and the features that apply to making them money and avoiding embarassment.

Yes. You are exactly right. Those that truly "care about how they perform, how they hold up, and the features that apply to making them money and avoiding embarassment", are NOT who I would call gear snobs.

But I was only talking about those who are "GEAR SNOBS". Those that ONLY look at the brand and how much much it costs. Most of the time these gear snobs have never even used the products they are coming down against...

• Members

I recently got the Line6, and have used it many times on fairly demanding and important gigs. Two of the gigs were the type where you really have to have everything work perfectly. One will be on NBC(next week i think).the other with some pretty heavy celeb recording types on a panel discussion.

i like the sound, i like the packaging, the battery life is good. no dropouts. I'm not big on external power ac adapters but understand most of the reasoning behind such a decision. so far, nothing but praise, especially at this price point. More gigs to come. I've yet to drop one...

• Members

I picked a Line 6 X2 XDR955 last Memorial Day and have been extremely pleased. I don't sing but I have it for my female vocalist to use. Everyone in the band prefers the sound of her voice through this system than her Beta 58.

I don't like the external power supply on the receiver, and the pretty, colored lights on the receiver are for the kiddies in my opinion, but as far as performance, sound, reliability, battery life, and all other factors, I would say this system is exceptionally good and an exceptional value. I was considering an Audio-Technica 4000 system at the time and I have no regrets going for the Line 6 unit instead.

• Members

I use the Shure SLX with a Beta 58A as well as the Line 6. The last few months I've only been using the Line 6 mic. The signal is clearer for sure and there isn't the proximit effect of the Beta 58A.

The downside of the Line 6 is increased handling noise and less gain before feedback. The mic capusule, althoudh a cardioid pattern, picks up a good bit of "other stuff". To be fair though, the Beta 58A is about as good as it gets as far as GBF.

For the price the Line 6 seems like a pretty good deal. Oh, and if you rent the PA out for weddings and are having "toasters" use a wireless mic, even though there is more handling noise, the Line 6 works very well since it picks up better at distances further from your mouth. Most folks seem to either put their hand over the microphone screen or hold the mic at their waist.

Archived