Let me know what you think of this strat tone (clean and driven)?

metalshred

• Members
22 minutes ago, gardo said:

what do I think of the tone?   overall nice, but compressor =sterilizer  

I'll try without the compressor next time. I also had to use noise reduction plugin during post-production to get the single coil + amp buzz under control, which also affected the naturalness of the tone.

• Members
46 minutes ago, GilmourD said:

What pickups are those?

Personally, I like the tone. I probably would raise the pickups up a TINY bit myself but that tone, compressor and all, has use.

These are Fender 57 62 which has amazing cleans. What do you think of the drive sound?

• Members
11 minutes ago, GilmourD said:

It's a bit thinner than I would go for. What amp/drive is it?

Yeah I also felt it was a bit thin. I liked the clean setting on the amp, hence didn’t change anything when the overdrive came in as I just kicked in the pedal. Should I turn down the ‘tone’ on the pedal or add another EQ pedal for the driven section?

The amp is MAZ 18 MK II, the pedal is a TS clone (Demon Tube screamer).

• Members
18 hours ago, 1001gear said:

If you raise the pickups you get better signal to noise. You trade off the clear sparkliness slightly is all.

Yeah i was always worried about losing dynamics in the tone when pickups are raised

• Members
14 hours ago, metalshred said:

Yeah I also felt it was a bit thin. I liked the clean setting on the amp, hence didn’t change anything when the overdrive came in as I just kicked in the pedal. Should I turn down the ‘tone’ on the pedal or add another EQ pedal for the driven section?

The amp is MAZ 18 MK II, the pedal is a TS clone (Demon Tube screamer).

Yeah, try turning the tone down on the OD a little bit and see how that helps.

7 hours ago, metalshred said:

Yeah i was always worried about losing dynamics in the tone when pickups are raised

I think your pickups are beyond the point where lowering them increases dynamic range, so you shouldn't lose any as you raise them.

Archived