Update on the active room mix

• Members

I had a great time yesterday. I mixed in a real tricky room and followed your advice to a tee and without a hitch the gig went very well. Crystal clear vocals , nice kick and no feedback issues. The only issues there was was some patrons complaining about the room ringing and DR adjustments which can never be avoided when patrons are around and they think it's like hooking up a home stereo system. Oh somethings wrong with you or you don't know how to do it right when they know nothing about the interjections between mics and speakers. Even the promoter was trying to get me to shut off the eq balance of the DR by unplugging it... I basically told him to F*** ofgff...it's a process! Good thing I didn't get into the fb suppression level of the unit. I would have probably had my neck rung. However, the club owner and the patrons that were at the party liked the mix in the end he was pleased with the results. All in all

• Members

I haven't used pink noise yet on my 260. I am thinking about setting up outside(at my house) and running it to use as a baseline.

A baseline anechoic curve is the best place to start from, getting everything aligned properly (crossover, peq's, time offsets if applicable, limiting etc) and then a minor touchup w/ a graphic will genetally be plenty good atthe gig. Much less intrusive on the environment at the gig too.

Archived