EV SX300 vs EV SX300PI

• Members

Ok guys, on recommendations from some of you guys I've been looking for a pair of EV SX300's (and some others) to replace my Behringer B1520's with. A local shop has a set of EV SX300PI speakers that I am looking at. These are a little heavier than the SX300 and have appointments for permanent installation (I will be using these as portable speakers). Are there any drawbacks to these that I need to be aware of other than the extra 8 or so pounds heavier. They are still 20+ lighter each than my Behringers.

Thanks,

Dega

• Members

I went and checked them out today. They are soooo light and sounded pretty good full range to. I can't wait to get them crossed over with my subs. The first trial will be the high channel (using the amps internal xover)of a GNX5 to the pair of SX300PIs and the low channel to our pair of 118s (Peavey Black Widows).

If that doesn't get it, I'll have to get the Driverack PA involved.

Any tried and true crossover suggestions to start with.

Thanks,

Mike

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Sorry for opening up such an old topic but I forgot about this thread.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the EV SX300PI's work great. We have several gigs behind us now using the internal crossover in the GNX5 and we love it. Our setup is so much simpler and faster.

A late thanks for the help!

Dega

Archived