Jump to content
GilmourD

How many of Ye Olde HCEG Gang are still here?

Recommended Posts

Yeah, so HC committing seppuku many moons ago hasn't killed my GAS. It only got worse. Apparently this place rose from the digital ashes several months ago and I just discovered that a week or two ago.

Are there any familiar faces around here anymore? Anybody shocked to see me? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was pretty much a lurker, but back in the day this was the best forum anywhere!

Its a shame what happened, but that's life I guess.

Check in here now and again, but it just seems so slow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AshboneWish said:

Was pretty much a lurker, but back in the day this was the best forum anywhere!

Its a shame what happened, but that's life I guess.

Check in here now and again, but it just seems so slow.

Seriously. Remember when we used to have to bump threads after just a couple hours to keep them on the first page?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GilmourD said:

Seriously. Remember when we used to have to bump threads after just a couple hours to keep them on the first page?

I joined just before the last wave of the party. You could literally set there and watch a thread  drop down the page

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss CSM, Bb with his 120+ Les Pauls that always elicited jealous responses, and a couple of others. I was always more of a HCAG person, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, GilmourD said:

Seriously. Remember when we used to have to bump threads after just a couple hours to keep them on the first page?

Yes indeed I do! And there were so many interesting threads. A lot of very talented people making and repairing.

I even think there was a 'live' drawings at times for items people would donate. Never won anything though!

The red Strat build was epic for the girl in Europe.  

Funt times!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2020 at 6:34 PM, AshboneWish said:

Yes indeed I do! And there were so many interesting threads. A lot of very talented people making and repairing.

I even think there was a 'live' drawings at times for items people would donate. Never won anything though!

The red Strat build was epic for the girl in Europe.  

Funt times!

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. I wonder whatever happened to her.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just realised this place still exists.  Think it must be quite a few years since I was last here! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GilmourD said:

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. I wonder whatever happened to her.

I think the story was published in a Guitar magazine, and I also seem to recall there was some pictures of her with the guitar. Thats all I remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I take a look here a couple times per month, but almost never post.

Edited by J Backlund

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I generally only lurk here these days.  It's really sad how MF/GC destroyed something that was beautiful...

Edited by bsman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dystopia (learned that recently binging on free scifi) to untopia. At least you're not alone...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2020 at 2:55 PM, AshboneWish said:

I think the story was published in a Guitar magazine, and I also seem to recall there was some pictures of her with the guitar. Thats all I remember.

One person gave a neck, another a body (wish I could remember who now - search seems borked that far back) I donated a set of PUs and Ratae C put it all together & shipped it. I didn't see those pix, sadly.

I've been here about 20 years now, first came for OLGA, but dates and posts got scrambled & lost in the various changes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ancient Mariner said:

One person gave a neck, another a body (wish I could remember who now - search seems borked that far back) I donated a set of PUs and Ratae C put it all together & shipped it. I didn't see those pix, sadly.

I've been here about 20 years now, first came for OLGA, but dates and posts got scrambled & lost in the various changes.

 

That's how I got here too.

Stealin Andrew Roger tabs.:lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I joined around 15 years ago. Just started getting back into playing guitar as my interest comes in waves. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...