GilmourD

How many of Ye Olde HCEG Gang are still here?

Yeah, so HC committing seppuku many moons ago hasn't killed my GAS. It only got worse. Apparently this place rose from the digital ashes several months ago and I just discovered that a week or two ago.

Are there any familiar faces around here anymore? Anybody shocked to see me? LOL

Was pretty much a lurker, but back in the day this was the best forum anywhere!

Its a shame what happened, but that's life I guess.

Check in here now and again, but it just seems so slow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshboneWish said:

Was pretty much a lurker, but back in the day this was the best forum anywhere!

Its a shame what happened, but that's life I guess.

Check in here now and again, but it just seems so slow.

Seriously. Remember when we used to have to bump threads after just a couple hours to keep them on the first page?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GilmourD said:

Seriously. Remember when we used to have to bump threads after just a couple hours to keep them on the first page?

I joined just before the last wave of the party. You could literally set there and watch a thread  drop down the page

• Like 1

I miss CSM, Bb with his 120+ Les Pauls that always elicited jealous responses, and a couple of others. I was always more of a HCAG person, though.

21 hours ago, GilmourD said:

Yes indeed I do! And there were so many interesting threads. A lot of very talented people making and repairing.

I even think there was a 'live' drawings at times for items people would donate. Never won anything though!

The red Strat build was epic for the girl in Europe.  

Funt times!

• Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 6:34 PM, AshboneWish said:

Yes indeed I do! And there were so many interesting threads. A lot of very talented people making and repairing.

I even think there was a 'live' drawings at times for items people would donate. Never won anything though!

The red Strat build was epic for the girl in Europe.  

Funt times!

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. I wonder whatever happened to her.

• Like 1

I've just realised this place still exists.  Think it must be quite a few years since I was last here! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, GilmourD said:

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. I wonder whatever happened to her.

I think the story was published in a Guitar magazine, and I also seem to recall there was some pictures of her with the guitar. Thats all I remember.

Posted (edited)

I take a look here a couple times per month, but almost never post.

Edited by J Backlund

Posted (edited)

I generally only lurk here these days.  It's really sad how MF/GC destroyed something that was beautiful...

Edited by bsman

Dystopia (learned that recently binging on free scifi) to untopia. At least you're not alone...

On 6/23/2020 at 2:55 PM, AshboneWish said:

I think the story was published in a Guitar magazine, and I also seem to recall there was some pictures of her with the guitar. Thats all I remember.

One person gave a neck, another a body (wish I could remember who now - search seems borked that far back) I donated a set of PUs and Ratae C put it all together & shipped it. I didn't see those pix, sadly.

I've been here about 20 years now, first came for OLGA, but dates and posts got scrambled & lost in the various changes.

24 minutes ago, Ancient Mariner said:

One person gave a neck, another a body (wish I could remember who now - search seems borked that far back) I donated a set of PUs and Ratae C put it all together & shipped it. I didn't see those pix, sadly.

I've been here about 20 years now, first came for OLGA, but dates and posts got scrambled & lost in the various changes.

That's how I got here too.

Stealin Andrew Roger tabs.:lol:

I joined around 15 years ago. Just started getting back into playing guitar as my interest comes in waves. 

• Like 1