Crosby Audio Bridge Pins - Experience?

Ledwalletjim

• Members

Hi everyone! I'm thinking of replacing the bridge pins on my acoustic. Some of the big name brand ones are stupid expensive for what they are. I came across these ones from a company called Crosby Audio, anyone have any experience with them? They seem to be the same from what I can tell and a more resonable price. Encouraging they have good reviews on amazon. 

https://www.amazon.ca/Crosby-Audio-Bridge-Abalone-Acoustic/dp/B07ZQQF6L1/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=ebony%2Bbridge%2Bpins&qid=1592506108&refresh=1&s=musical-instruments&sr=1-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzTkJXQ0JCWE9UVVBYJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODgwMDQyMTdWUDdISldYSVZLNCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDY0NTU2MVBKME4xQ1FKVzg5QiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

• Members

My luthier uses Fossilized  Mammoth bridge pins on some of his builds. They ain't cheap, but his builds are really really nice.

I have ebony bridge pins on a couple of Gibson acoustics. The guitars came that way.

• Members

It depends on what you are looking for.  Brass pins will make the tone brighter and increase sustain.  Ebony will generally make the tone darker.  Bone or Tusq are sharper sounding.  Bridge pins make a big difference on some guitars and less or none on others.  What not buy a bunch of different types and experiment?

• Members
On 6/20/2020 at 9:03 AM, Nabisco said:

It depends on what you are looking for.  Brass pins will make the tone brighter and increase sustain.  Ebony will generally make the tone darker.  Bone or Tusq are sharper sounding.  Bridge pins make a big difference on some guitars and less or none on others.  What not buy a bunch of different types and experiment?

Yeah I've tried Brass before. Not a huge fan personally. Darker is kind of what I'm going for so I'll give them a shot. I've ordered them so I'll let you guys know what they're like!

• Members
On 6/21/2020 at 1:25 PM, Grant Harding said:

The Crosby Audio Bridge pins look really cheap, like poor substitutes for good ones. I'd steer clear. Think of the banner ads like a repeated warning that someone is trying to fleece you. 

They have lots of positive reviews though so I think I'll give them a shot 

• Members
16 hours ago, Ledwalletjim said:

They have lots of positive reviews though so I think I'll give them a shot 

Well, as has been said, you can get virtually identical ones on Ebay for much less. After all, ebony is ebony and abalone is abalone. Do you think that Crosby Audio make them? Or maybe they buy them in bulk from China? :idk:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived