Sign in to follow this  
wkendhacker

Tonewood amp?

1 hour ago, wkendhacker said:

Yes or no? Show your work. 😉

Seen it on the Youtube, but not in person.

It seems very interesting.

Don't think I'll be buying one,but folks are digging them.

Saw a guitar on the local (St. Louis) CraigsList that had one installed. First time I'd heard of one. TBH sounds like snake oil. YMMV.

A friend of mine who plays solo gigs, all instrumental (no vocals) swears by his and he’s a pedal head. I think I will pick one up. If/when, I’ll report back. 
thanks!

i have one... its a nice toy...   you have reverb on your guitar, bfd...      it doesnt amplify anything...  its a tone modification device...   

i have real acoustic guitar amplifiers and real pa systems...  real, controllable reverb, as well as other effects...   i like to use solid, dependable, professional quality gear when i play in public...   if im playing for a few friends, ive never felt the need for cheesy reverb on the fiddle...    to each their own...

My brother has one and it's definitely a gimmick. If you want your acoustic electric to be a little bit amplified and WAY heavier it might be for you. It's a cool concept, but not really useful IMO.

Anything with “Tone” in its name is a gimmick AFAIC. Effects on an acoustic guitar is downright heresy in my book. 

a $250 gimmick, that isn't really an 'amp' in the traditional sense...:rolleyes2:

Posted (edited)

You know how to get reverb on the cheap? Play in the bathroom. At least you know that it's full of you know what!

Edited by kwakatak