Hallelujah - Bass and Vocals only

• Members

Since we cant gig, we are doing some covers and uploading them on youtube, this a version we did for bass and vocals, something that isnt very common.

Check our channel in YouTube, we are uploading a new song every 4/5 days.

PS: for the vocal tech freaks there are some B4s at the end ;) 

• Members

This sounded really cool. I like the chill vibes with just the bass in the background playing accompanying the vocals.

Just to see if I can get into your head a little about your approach to singing:

1. How often do you go over a song before singing it full out in a performance like this?

2. How do you decide on a certain vowel sound? I know sometimes this is just clear because any other choice would be weird, but in this song there are some places where I think maybe you might have made a conscious choice? For example "But you don't really care for music do YOU?" I'm sure you've heard several versions of this song where instead of "YOU", the singer pronounces it as "YAH". 

• Members

@kqcl Thank you so much!

1 - I think it took me 3 or 4 hours of work to get it ready and make the choices on how I would approach things;

2 - Yeah I remember that particular choice too... In this one it was kinda easy because our idea was to give it a different spin, so what I did is not using the other recordings as references, and avoiding the stuff I remembered easily such as the "do yah" as you meant. I also decided to use a more contained approach on the start of the song which also affects the vowels a bit and made "you" a more natural choice. But a lot of it is about testing ideas and seeing how they sound.

Archived