MEGASWITCH Wiring for 1-Vol, 1-Tone,,,

ksl

• Members

Good day all,,, I just received my switches, & though Schaller gives foolproof instructions on their site, I need to know how to wire the MEGA E & E+ switches for master Volume + master Tone,,,2 knobs.
Thanks very much in advance & be well~~

20200512_121144.jpg

20200512_120529.jpg

20200512_121144.thumb.jpg.8bbfd804d500b813ad75887aa911204c.jpg

20200512_120529.thumb.jpg.90105e4338d1c5a917185a8fbc723c57.jpg

• Moderators

well, apparently not 'foolproof' if you are in here asking questions. 😉

Why not ask Schaller? it is there switch system...they should be able to 'slpain it to you...

If it were me, I would just ignore any leads going to the second tone pot....and just add them to the master tone center tap.

• Members

Hi all & hoping most of you are well,,, I've been to Schaller's site, where their 'foolproof' instructions are tailored for a typical 3-knob setup, while my need is to how to translate the final outputs coming off the switch to my 1Vol-1Tone setup. And of course I tried to contact them via email, forgiving the difference in time zones, it's been more than a week. Thank you for your attention. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, badpenguin said:

Simple: dump the second tone knob. Remove the orange L to L between the 1st and 2nd pot, then the yellow to 2nd tone pot goes where the grey goes on the 1st. Boom, there you go.20200512_120529.jpg

which, in essence, is exactly what I said in the second post....absent the details.

• Members
6 hours ago, daddymack said:

which, in essence, is exactly what I said in the second post....absent the details.

I agree completely, and is exactly what I do, when dumping the 2nd tone and adding an switch to make neck and bridge, and all three come on. But some people need their hands held and the details drawn out. 😃

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, badpenguin said:

I agree completely, and is exactly what I do, when dumping the 2nd tone and adding an switch to make neck and bridge, and all three come on. But some people need their hands held and the details drawn out. 😃

bp, not an issue with your response, just sometimes ksl is, well, a tad slow on the uptake...😉

Archived