thomas.roman

sustainiac problems

hi! so my sustainiac pickup in the neck position only works if i have it turned on, like that is the only way it produces sound through the amp, it does not sustain, is this just a bad battery or faulty wiring?

Battery or wiring  did it work before this? Pic would help.

Posted (edited)

Hiya,,, Owning 2 Fernandes Sustainers, hopefully I can help. First, when you insert your cable into the guitar, is there an indicator light anywhere, on the rear circuit cover, o the front? If not, get a fresh battery that you know works, and if you don't have effect pedal-like battery connects that you can't screw up, make sure you insert it the right way.  On both my guitars, with the Sustainer toggle off(down), all of your pups should work normally, whether you have a 3 or a 5 way, a make sure things are normal. When you switch on the Sustainer, the bridge pup should be on all the time along w/the Sustainer. You mean when you have the neck pup on, you get regular p/u sound and no sustaining? Does your neck pup have to Sustainer coil as well as a regular pup coil? One of mine as a Sustainer only neck, while my other one has dual purpose coils. The Sustainer neck up on the red guitar doesn't work & the great folks s Fernandes told me I definitely need a new board!! Did it ever work properly? & who owned it before you?20200513_222625.thumb.jpg.65e641e9c9f992bfbcb883a11a8cdc25.jpg

Kenny  🕉

20200430_213105.jpg

Edited by ksl