Anyone experiencing a "quarantine rebirth" of their music making?

I was watching a livestream with trumpet player Kenny Rampton yesterday and he said something that made me stop and think for a second. He commented that since we've all been stuck at home he has been able to practice more and has been enjoying making music and being creative more than any time since he was a teenager.

Anyone else having a sort "quarantine rebirth" of their music making? Not having my practice time be dictated or limited by gigs and other work has actually been great for my playing.

• Members
Yup definitely. Some new tools in the box should emerge when this is all over. It's been kind of a nice time to mop up some sloppy stuff I had going on. I think of guitar kinda like a brush fire - you put one out, meanwhile 4 have sprung up behind you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've been in quarantine since November due to reasons other than Corona virus, and yes, this time alone has let me rethink my music a lot. 

I'm not sure I'm seeing any results yet, in fact it almost feels like I'm backsliding, but it's been fun to not have gig and recording pressures and deadlines.

• Members
16 hours ago, Jasco said:

I've been in quarantine since November due to reasons other than Corona virus, and yes, this time alone has let me rethink my music a lot. 

I'm not sure I'm seeing any results yet, in fact it almost feels like I'm backsliding, but it's been fun to not have gig and recording pressures and deadlines.

Keep your head up brother, in all ways not just guitar! In my life I have found that often when I am struggling the most, or seem to be getting the least traction it is almost always followed by a jump in progress. Provided you keep doing the work - again, not just in guitar but in life. 

On 5/19/2020 at 3:14 PM, Jasco said:

I've really enjoyed the freedom of not having any gigs.  I'd enjoy some money, but being able to tear it all down and rebuild has been nice.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 7/27/2020 at 6:48 PM, guitarville said:

It does give one a chance to see many more lessons on YouTube.

Youtube has literally exploded with new content, shows and lessons, interviews TONS of stuff during COVID. Now, If this was going on AND we had gigging and an actual industry again - that would be awesome. Unlikely but awesome

• Members
11 hours ago, jeremy_green said:

Youtube has literally exploded with new content, shows and lessons, interviews TONS of stuff during COVID. Now, If this was going on AND we had gigging and an actual industry again - that would be awesome. Unlikely but awesome

Video streaming of concerts with no audiences is the thing of the future and will probably go on a paid subscription on youtube.

• Members
11 hours ago, guitarville said:

Video streaming of concerts with no audiences is the thing of the future and will probably go on a paid subscription on youtube.

Yeah for sure it will... Just not the same at all though. Rocking out is generally best when it's inconvenient lol

Archived