ksl

Another bright idea?

Posted (edited)

Hey there again~ Take a look at the photo & let me know if this is doable, having a 'real' guitar guy make room for a 22nd fret on this neck? I'm a stickler for having that extra 1/2 note, but the guitar is local, cheap, and a good platform for my pickguards I'm slapping together. To my naked eye, it looks like there's enough room, especially not needing to be ultra concerned about intonation,,,if you're up that high, not a whole lot matters...  Thanks for the ops!! 

Screenshot_20200507-124356_Gallery.jpg

Edited by ksl
Change

Buy a 22/24 fret guitar thats way to much work & $$. Be cheaper to just buy a guitar with the frets you need.

Why.... just freaking why? You can buy a neck with the 22 fret, and probably have money left over to buy strings......

got to agree with the rest of the guys here...adding a fret?  Nutzo!

a: no, there isn't actually room to add the fret...once you try to saw cut the slot, you would see.

Now if you really want to get adventurous, why not fabricate a fret the would just sit at the end of the neck, on top of the fretboard, and have it screwed into the neck with a small plate...no, I'm not serious...

Gardo & Keith Holland got me.. like I said very good deal, nice guitar, & not a big deal if were to skip it....

Just curious~

I suppose you could put on another fret, but there would be no fret board to push the string down on. Push string all the way down to the pickguard below? Might have intonation issues. I've heard of fretless guitars, but never fret boardless guitars.

Never seen a 'scalloped' fretboard? Never seen a sitar? The string only needs to contact the fret in order to change tone.

Guitar Mods: Scalloped Fretboard - ProAudioLand Musician NewsMohan Lal Sharma sitar