looking for digital audio player for live gigs!

• Members

hey im looking for an audio player that can play uncompressed wav, aiff, or flac files for backing tracks live. is there anything made for this? im looking for something with 1/4" trs outputs not a little mp3 player running linux.

anyone have any ideas???

thx.

• Members

I've checked out:

PYLE PDJ150U

Rolls MP322

Both are rebranded chinese market stuff that is quirky and US support has no clue.

The Pyle might work for you but you'd have to run MP3 only. Funny thing, they tell you it only does MP3 but will play WMA for a while before crashing :facepalm:. It has no shuffle play so wasn't useful to me for break music - In fact it plays the tunes in the order it finds them in the directory which is quite different from the sorted lists you see in windows :freak:. I did find a program that will take a directory on your computer and pre-shuffle them as it copies them to another drive but I'd have to do that each gig if I don't want to hear everything in the same order every time. It has XLR outs and no wall wart :thu:.

The Rolls doesn't work with MP3's with embedded artwork like all the MP3's from Amazon :facepalm:. Also gets expensive if you want the rackmount for it (and there are two pieces you have to buy - quite confusing) and has a wall wart. RCA and 1/8" outputs - no balanced. Has random play though :thu:.

• Members

alright so i was quite intereseted in the Denon DN-F300, but i wasn't ready spend that much on a sd card reader. so i ended up just buying a Toshiba Gigabeat F20, and i'll load rockbox on it so it can play any uncompressed format. that way in the end it costs me $37. thanks for the help though guys. :thu:

Archived