You just hate to see it - rookie mistake

• Members

Hopefully those are the 4 pin versions as the 2 pin males don't mate with the standard 4 pin female cable connectors:

"Note: The NL4FC cord end will not insert into NL2MP panel jacks. If your equipment is equipped with NL2 panel jacks, then NL2 connectors must be used."

And why does this listing have it wrong:

BTW that was the specific item I was questioning a year ago.

Not arguing your point, since you're correct, but wtf did Neutrik name them that way? Seems pretty counterintuitive to me.

-Dan.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Not arguing your point, since you're correct, but wtf did Neutrik name them that way? Seems pretty counterintuitive to me.

-Dan.

Yah, they sure cause mass confusion. I'd still be reluctant to buy products that use them from a company that doesn't know which is which though :facepalm:.

While we're at it why the &^%$ didn't they make the standard for cables be male to female with female connectors on amps and male connectors on speakers? :facepalm:

• Members

Plenty.

kidding. Female.

Hi there. I would have a few questions for you. Some of your speakers look OK for entry level stuff, but I do not see any specifications on the horns themselves. 6X12 Titanium horn does not tell me much. Is it a 1'' exit horn with a 1.75'' VC or a 2'' VC horn with a 1.5'' exit or is it a bunch of piezo tweeters?

Also, some decent offerings in powered cabs would probably be welcome due to their constantly increasing popularity. One of my pass times is testing powered speakers, but the only ones I see on your site are the fisher-Price looking karaoke party in a box systems. Any relation to Technical Pro at all? - because they have speakers that look identical to those. (although they claim 3000 watts while you claim a more honest 500) I honestly cannot imagine any professional actually wanting to be seen in public with those... (not to be rude - just honest)

Here are yours :

http://www.seismicaudiospeakers.com/Pair-of-15-Powered-Speakers-p/rsg%2015.htm

Here are the TPs :

http://www.technicalhifi.com/prods.php?prod=JAM-15

Anyway, I don't want to be hard on you. I'm really a fun guy who loves audio and enjoys trying out and comparing powered speakers - and makes a joke every once in a while. If ever you produce powered speakers that don't look like the ones on your site now - and you want someone with plenty of real world experience to really test them out for you, let me know. It would be my pleasure. :thu:

Thanks,

Al - Party-Time! DJ Services

• Members
his level of expertise certainly is in question at this point. i'd place him somewhere in 'marketing'.

I emailed them a year ago because I was looking for some short male 1/4" to male speakon cables and found their listing on eBay. I was hoping the photo was wrong and not the description :(. I can't imagine any use for a short male 1/4" to female speakon cable like the ones they sell?

• Members

Note the defective lead-in tinsel wires on the sample driver. From the looks of it, the slack on the left one is inadequate for any reasonable excursion (say 4-5mm).

its possible we are just seeing that at a funny angle although from the pic it does look bad. it looks taught and straight but i can see how it could be just like the other side only angled toward the viewer.

otherwise it wouldnt last 5 seconds.

• Members
Yah, they sure cause mass confusion. I'd still be reluctant to buy products that use them from a company that doesn't know which is which though
:facepalm:

While we're at it why the &^%$ didn't they make the standard for cables be male to female with female connectors on amps and male connectors on speakers?
:facepalm:

They're kinda androgenous tho.... I mean you take the Female End and insert it into the Male end and twist....

Just sayin'.....

• Members
Peavey Lo-riders are now about 165.00 each at Parts Express.I really like mine,and if I do ever manage to blow those PV subs,that is probably what I will put in those boxes.What do you think RR?

The Horsey One mentioned having some good drivers for them boxes a while back - I think the Lo-Riders have a lower FS than the box is tuned for?

• Members

A bit of a mystery is why Peavey doesn't sell the "Pro 18" driver that the PV118 uses in the US? And also why that driver is rated at 300wrms whereas the PV118 cab is only rated at 200wrms? The power rating discrepency would explain why I'm having such difficulty burning them up ;).

• Members

The Horsey One mentioned having some good drivers for them boxes a while back - I think the Lo-Riders have a lower FS than the box is tuned for?

That is why I asked.I figured it was more of a driver than the box could do,but I know you have used the snot out of yours and was wondering...

• Members
That is why I asked.I figured it was more of a driver than the box could do,but I know you have used the snot out of yours and was wondering...

Just in the interests of full disclosure I do run a 40hz or higher 18db/octave HPF on the subs (as Peavey recommends) to protect them from over-excursion - I prefer to HPF at the box tuning frequency of 46 hz if I can. If I only had the 30/50hz switchable HPF available on the QSC amp I'd use the 50 for sure at these "elevated" power levels. I'm also making sure nothing except the kick is lighting up the limit lights. As "The Age'd One" likes to often pound into our heads, decent subs are more likely to be mechanically damaged due to over-excursion than to have their voicecoils roasted.

Archived