What do you think about Orangewood guitars?

wkendhacker

• Members

I literally had never heard of this guitar maker until yesterday. I’ve only heard YouTube demos on my phone, but they sound good in general, and amazing for the price. 
when I Recover from the Martin purchase I recently made, I may well pick one of these up as a daily knock-around-er. 

• Members
2 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

Never heard of them until now. If you do buy one, be sure to post a review and some pics.

Same here, never heard of them until now.

I have Martins, Taylors and Gibson acoustics.

All have a specific great sound.  Martin and Taylor have lifetime warranties. Had a Martin neck rest, so 20 years after the purchase of a MC28. Martin also covered a new saddle and Bridge. Gibson did a warranty on my F5G mandolin. Dave Harvey  chief mandolin maker at Gibson did me right. The new mandolin, might even be better than the first one.

None of this was inexpensive to purchase, but it was totally worth it imo.

I purchased a J45 in the early 1994, and that cost me 700 bucks. The year before that I bought a J185. I'm sure I could get my  $$$ back and more. I like that.

Just purchase another Martin a weeks ago (00028 standard). Because of the covid 19, it is not in my hands right now. 

Never purchased the same guitar twice. 

30 day return policy of the Orangewood. The most costly guitar they make is lest than 500 dollars.

Personally, I'd play the heck out that Martin you have.  

• Members
On 4/26/2020 at 1:25 AM, Mikeo said:

30 day return policy of the Orangewood. The most costly guitar they make is lest than 500 dollars.

No, Mikeo - some of their top end all-solid models are around $1000

They are a US company based in Los Angeles where they do all the design work, QC, set ups. The guitars are made, I believe, in the Far East. Alas I've not played one - not seen one over here - but the specs are very impressive and they get some good reviews. I would be surprised if they were not very good indeed.

• Members
4 hours ago, garthman said:

No, Mikeo - some of their top end all-solid models are around $1000

They are a US company based in Los Angeles where they do all the design work, QC, set ups. The guitars are made, I believe, in the Far East. Alas I've not played one - not seen one over here - but the specs are very impressive and they get some good reviews. I would be surprised if they were not very good indeed.

Time to get your paws on one if you think you might like one.

Me: I'm acoustic guitar set for life now.

I think.

• Members
9 hours ago, Mikeo said:

Time to get your paws on one if you think you might like one.

Me: I'm acoustic guitar set for life now.

I think.

I'd certainly like to sample one. But like I said, not seen them in the UK.

However, like you, I have all the guitars I need or want.

Archived