Are you quarantine practicing?

RacheRach

• Members
9 minutes ago, kwakatak said:

Not really. My wife is working from home in the living room and is on conference calls all day.

Time to find a bedroom. 

Ya kinda need to do what ya need to do.

So peeps are lucky to have the working from home option.

My wife and I retired early. Me at 57, and the wife at 61. The working world turned in to 40 year hell.

• Thanks 1

• Members
3 hours ago, Mikeo said:

Time to find a bedroom. 

Ya kinda need to do what ya need to do.

So peeps are lucky to have the working from home option.

My wife and I retired early. Me at 57, and the wife at 61. The working world turned in to 40 year hell.

Already done, I just can't stand being in a bedroom during the day. It used to be my office but turned into a nursery. Now it's a guest room. If you've seen the recent pics of my ukulele you would also recognize that the cat has adopted it. It's also gotten a little cluttered.

49615650823_bb2964ecca_w_d.jpg   38510047092_883e44c34f_w_d.jpg

I guess I kind of resent that my wife adopted my "picking parlor" as her new home office. On the bright side, we're now planning on installing French doors so once she's off the clock I can have it back .

49325757111_0e9d087d4e_w_d.jpg

Really, though I prefer playing outside but the weather hasn't been cooperating yet - though I just picked up a fire pit.

48980190122_c6dd1aef24_w_d.jpg

Edited by kwakatak

• Members
1 hour ago, kwakatak said:

. . . Really, though I prefer playing outside but the weather hasn't been cooperating yet - though I just picked up a fire pit.

Nice looking back yard. 👍 I'm still practicing but playing less now that I don't have my regular "gig" Sunday mornings in worship.

• Members
2 hours ago, kwakatak said:

Already done, I just can't stand being in a bedroom during the day. It used to be my office but turned into a nursery. Now it's a guest room. If you've seen the recent pics of my ukulele you would also recognize that the cat has adopted it. It's also gotten a little cluttered.

49615650823_bb2964ecca_w_d.jpg   38510047092_883e44c34f_w_d.jpg

I guess I kind of resent that my wife adopted my "picking parlor" as her new home office. On the bright side, we're now planning on installing French doors so once she's off the clock I can have it back .

49325757111_0e9d087d4e_w_d.jpg

Really, though I prefer playing outside but the weather hasn't been cooperating yet - though I just picked up a fire pit.

Nice.

You need to do what you need to do. 

Best wishes.

I play down on 120 year old cellar much of the time.

• Members
39 minutes ago, DeepEnd said:

Nice looking back yard. 👍 I'm still practicing but playing less now that I don't have my regular "gig" Sunday mornings in worship.

Has your church ever though about doing a video live feed so folks can watch mass on TV or the internet? It's something to think about.

Musicians could be 6 feet apart or in different rooms or even  different houses.

I'm not sure what Charlie Watts is playing on, but it sound pretty darn good.

• Members
Just now, Mikeo said:

Has your church ever though about doing a video live feed so folks can watch mass on TV or the internet? It's something to think about. . . .

We have services by Facebook video every Sunday with a minimal staff. The pastor and her husband, the organist and her husband, the custodian, a young woman who sings, and sometimes her sister and her own three kids. I think our A/V guy operates the camera but I'm not sure. That's about ten. Unfortunately, the praise band is "non essential" these days. ;)

• Members
3 minutes ago, DeepEnd said:

We have services by Facebook video every Sunday with a minimal staff. The pastor and her husband, the organist and her husband, the custodian, a young woman who sings, and sometimes her sister and her own three kids. I think our A/V guy operates the camera but I'm not sure. That's about ten. Unfortunately, the praise band is "non essential" these days. ;)

got it.

• Moderators

practicing...yes, daily, working up new material for a solo act that may never return...as to the doing it on video, I tried that while back, but latency issues kills the ability to synch multiple people. If everyone is on a reliable ISP with identical connections, and minimal distances it works...I have yet to find that. What I discovered was the guys [and one lady] who were on AT&T were always lagging behind noticeably...and the further away they were physically, the worse they lagged. Maybe because they get 40-50 mbs, compared to 150-200 on Spectrum...

• Members

It's gloomy outside but it's warm and the rain is supposed to hold off for awhile so I'm going to brave the back porch for a songwriting session. I don't think it will be done but I'll record it on my phone and maybe put it on YouTube. If I get a copyright strike I would be surprised yet proud that somebody noticed it!