Corona Project

xStonr

• Members
5 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

Happy New Build Day. Looks great. 👍 Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason for the roller bridge? I can't recall seeing one on a Tele-family guitar.

My idea was to use what i had here on hand so I used parts that I had laying around. The roller saddles were a cheap ebay find.

12 hours ago, xStonr said:

My idea was to use what i had here on hand so I used parts that I had laying around. The roller saddles were a cheap ebay find.

Any issues with rattling or vibration that might reduce sustain? 

I've long considered adding a roller saddle bridge to my Bigsby-equipped Gretsch Pro Jet, but I've always worried that the downsides might outweigh any possible improvement to tuning stability. :idk:

Very nice job on the Tele thinline build - that looks great! :philthumb:

• Members
1 hour ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

I've long considered adding a roller saddle bridge to my Bigsby-equipped Gretsch Pro Jet, but I've always worried that the downsides might outweigh any possible improvement to tuning stability. :idk:

Thanks. No problems at all with the saddles. I'm pleasantly surprised with the tuning stability.

• Members
1 hour ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

Phil, I put a Wilkinson roller bridge an Ibanez artist with a b5.  Works great. No issues with rattles or sustain. It's also more forgiving to break angle than most roller bridges.

3 minutes ago, mrbrown49 said:

Phil, I put a Wilkinson roller bridge an Ibanez artist with a b5.  Works great. No issues with rattles or sustain. It's also more forgiving to break angle than most roller bridges.

Thanks! Now I just need to measure my post sizes and spacing and try to find a roller bridge from them that matches. :) 

Archived