Columbus Series 2 Telecaster copy

If it's from the late 1970s, which I think it might be, then according to this post, it may have been made in the Fuji Gen Gakki factory in Japan. That factory has a good reputation for making quality guitars. However, if you read the rest of that thread, it's also possible it was made in a different factory. I've heard reports that 80s era Columbus Series 2's were made in Korea... which isn't automatically a bad thing; I have a Korean built Epiphone from 2001 that is an outstanding guitar. 

I wish I could tell you more, but Columbus is one of those less common, off-brand marquees and I really don't have a lot of details about them. But regardless, welcome to Harmony Central :welcome: Hopefully someone will know more about them and post some definitive info. 

• Members

Thanks for the welcome Phil, i'm a big fan of MIJ and MIK guitars and this one doesn't let the side down, got a great Hohner 'The Prinz' feel to it

The PU's and tuners helped !! but a good solid guitar i'd put up against a MIM 

I've had a good look online and can't find any real info on them

Cheers

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Bought a columbus series 3 ply dinky type in 1988, in a small shop in Ealing, London. She had a Korea badge on her. Dimarzzio bucker and two cheap single coils. Mini switch setup. The weird trem snapped around 20 years ago. She now has a dive only FR fitted. Still have her and play her a bit. She cost £170 at time I bought her, when a sidewinder with a coil split cost a tenner less.  But tge Columbus looked cooler. Neither of those could match up to cheap guitars on todays market though. 

Archived