What are you working on? Are you confined?

Misha

• Members
4 hours ago, Idunno said:

Man, that's some hot stuff. I don't do spicy at all. Has to be pretty close to bland. I think it's a condition I have that food is always bordering on the edge of gross to me. I have to be real hungry these days to push me to eat. Didn't use to be that way.

With the confinement I feel always hungry!! I go in the kitchen and automatically open the fridge! OMG! I need to stop doing that! (Or maybe eat cucumbers and celery!)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
On 4/8/2020 at 9:20 PM, Misha said:

I had this one too: 

beginner-G-minor-guitar-chord.jpg

That should work too. I either use the two finger version I posted earlier or the full barre version:

It depends on what chords I'm transitioning to/from.

• Members

I've been doing a lot more practicing (a good thing).  Since my wife is also stuck at home, I've been staying away from the acoustic guitars and just going unplugged on an electric.  However, I miss the sound of the acoustic - so I ordered a Yamaha Silent Guitar.  Just plug in a pair of headphones and I'll be back in acoustic bliss.  Now, if only it would get here.  Supposed to be delivered in the next day or two... 

• Members
35 minutes ago, OregonJim said:

It just arrived today.  I think I'm in love!

2020-04-13 15.58.01.jpg

Good for you!! Now enjoy confinement!! 🙂

I'd like to have one too. I can't justify it right now, but maybe someday! 

Congrat's!!! 

• Members

I am confined to a point, mostly by choice. I am a prime target for this virus, so the only reason I've left our flat is to go biking on the local bike paths. Absolutely no contact with anyone other than my wife. My wife does the shopping, goes to the shops by bike, enters and exits our flat directly, instead of the building's front door. Then washes very carefully. 
I am increasingly depressed. It has been a rough winter. We had the flu, twice, in Jan/Feb. And now this insanity. My plans for my upcoming 60th birthday had to be cancéled, and the probability of going to Ireland this year is around 0. I've put on a bit of weight, sleep around 16 hours a day. 

working on restoring and remixing the last song I recorded with my late best friend 20 years ago. I've learned a lot about mixing and fx in the interim, and the improvement is obvious. I only wish my best friend was still around to hear it.

• Members
6 hours ago, Glenn F said:

I am confined to a point, mostly by choice. I am a prime target for this virus, so the only reason I've left our flat is to go biking on the local bike paths. Absolutely no contact with anyone other than my wife. My wife does the shopping, goes to the shops by bike, enters and exits our flat directly, instead of the building's front door. Then washes very carefully. 
I am increasingly depressed. It has been a rough winter. We had the flu, twice, in Jan/Feb. And now this insanity. My plans for my upcoming 60th birthday had to be cancéled, and the probability of going to Ireland this year is around 0. I've put on a bit of weight, sleep around 16 hours a day. 

working on restoring and remixing the last song I recorded with my late best friend 20 years ago. I've learned a lot about mixing and fx in the interim, and the improvement is obvious. I only wish my best friend was still around to hear it.

Glenn,

You're alive.  You made it through two bouts of the flu.  You have an incredible wife who is looking out for you.  You're still making music.  I'd say you're blessed.

• Members
On 4/14/2020 at 9:10 AM, Glenn F said:

Hi Glenn!

Things are pretty crazy on the whole planet, right now! Stick around! Better days will come up! 

Personally, I feel like we woke up in the wrong dimension a couple of weeks ago. Sometimes, I feel like maybe I should get the virus right now and be done with it just like a kid who would go first in front of the class for a presentation and feel free after...  but then, there is a chance it's too tough for me! 

At the office, we try to joke about our next home-made haircut then we read the newspapers and we talk about how anxious we are. We all are to a certain point. 

Bonne journée à toi ainsi qu'à toute ta famille! 

/Misha

• Members

TBH I'm kind of bummed that the annual McKnight jam is on hold for now. Tim had approached me about recording some samples with his guitars for him to put on his website. We actually did something like this 10 years ago but it never went anywhere because he wanted to hand them out in CD form at trade shows but it would have cost a lot because we'd have to pay to press a large run that we'd essentially be giving away. Eventually even the master recordings and the track info got lost but I did save 30 second snippets on my personal cloud account.

• Members

I just got a BOSS GT-1. Interesting little gadget. Can be used direct into computer via USB (edited, as well), but mostly I am going to use it with my VOX AC-15. Time to tweak. Luckily, I know Roland's M.O. with their menus.

• Members

Yeah, been playing with it s'more. What I'll be 'working on' (lol) for the next little while, is to try to optimize the GT-1 with my VOX AC-15. It's fun playing around with on headphones, but that isn't really what I bought it for. So, I'll build some custom patches that bypass the Pre-Amps, and just setting up chains of fx to go into the VOX with. It's a fun little box, but the presets are wayyyyy overprocessed, a few in good ways, mostly just toooooo much. So, have to dig in. Luckily, I am familiar with BOSS/Roland gear and their menu layouts. The thing is about 2 lbs., which makes for a change if I want to play electric guitar outside on headphones, I just grab it and a guitar, and go play out in the sunshine.

P1150395.jpg

P1150395.thumb.jpg.a4eac8dc545b28e9886469ec5bdf6029.jpg

Archived