I sang Ariana Grande - So Into You (acoustic version)

beach123

• Members
1 hour ago, kickingtone said:

*belch*

puts beer down

Dutch courage FTW!

Decent pitch perception.

More head tones needed for this song. More dynamic. (Would also help sort out the occasional mis-pitch)

Ay...and welcome to forum.

Thanks for the critiques. Do you have any advice to improve my head tones? All I know is focus the breath on the spot below my nose.

• Members
23 hours ago, beach123 said:

Thanks for the critiques. Do you have any advice to improve my head tones? All I know is focus the breath on the spot below my nose.

I guess that there are so many different approaches that work differently for different people. All I can suggest is to dig around, research, experiment and practice. I really don't think that there is any way round that. Even if you find a voice teacher, you still have to figure out if the teacher is right for you.

Bear in mind that different techniques may lead to different timbres, and some are physically safer than others, and many are psychological instructions rather than precise ones.

For example, "focus the breath on the spot below my nose", is definitely worth a try. It may work for one person, but not another. However, it is psychological --- the breath isn't actually focusing there. It's just a way some people find handy in thinking about what they do, and it gets them to do something else that does really happen. If that works, does it produce the timbre you want? Does if feel comfortable and safe? Are there other techniques that would work better for what you want? Only the singer can ultimately answer these questions, by experimenting and practising.

Then again, there are people who are happy leaving all those question to a teacher....which they may find they have to change...again...and again...and again..

Archived