Who Are You?

FUBTAG

• Members

We in the forum are from all over..  and since I haven't been here for a while I figured I would  re-introduce myself. 

I'm a singer/guitarist that plays all over Long Island, NY. I'm a songwriter and a studio vocalist. My main gigging guitars are #1 Rick Turner Renaissance RS-6, An American Strat and a MIM Player's Tele. 

I'm also a bagpiper. My first claim to fame was being on a TLC show, Four Weddings for a bride that lost (Good.. she skunked me on pay..)  and having written a bagpipe tune for a wedding scene in the CW show Reign. 

I have an amazing wife -- and my son and daughter ain't so bad either! 

So -- tell me about yourself!

23376545_721183464758092_5539627727564278783_n.jpg.ef50dbc53c8702a53d4b158403070829.jpg

61502316_1092376660972102_5504503126767435776_n.jpg

TLCPiping.jpg

• Members
2 minutes ago, 1001gear said:

I drum guit and keyb some.

Is that Matt on drums? just kidding. He lives on Long Island and used to post in the DF. News says it's pretty bad out your way. Stay far apart. :D

Def not Matt..   🙂

It is pretty bad by us in terms of 'quarantine' and I am not sure the reported numbers are correct. Everytime I turn arround I hear of another positive case or worse ....

I have lost all my gigs through May - luckily April was light -- but March went from PACKED to 'whoa!' very quickly... I have been in my basement for my full time job and then just stay here since it's also my 'studio'.   

• Members

I'm a guitarist/engineer.  Over the years I've played a whole bunch of different types of material, and was full-time, recording and touring for a while back in the late 80s.  Now, I fill in with a couple of local horn bands, do some charity things as a solo act and do a lot of musical theater work, as guitar/utility strings or music director.  Like everyone else, my gigs are gone for the near future, now just waiting to see if my summer shows are still going to happen.

Stay safe!

• Members

I'm a comic book artist, animator and filmmaker that plays guitar, bass and mandolin. My first taste of GAS was the Silvertone Amp-in-case when it showed up in the 1964 Sears holiday catalog and it hasn't let up since. Along the way I've done record album jacket art, art directed record companies, animated Lou Reed and Debbie Harry songs, designed effects pedals and co-launched the Pigtronix brand. While I've done some gigging and even had one of my songs written up in Guitar Player Magazine, my audio focus has been on recording for film and video. As I'm deep in the throws of artwork for a new comic book release and seldom see the light of day anyway, the quarantine hasn't had much effect on my day-to-day yet but its still early. Best wishes to all in these challenging times. Think safe.

Verne-CCBanner.jpg

Verne-NAMM-2010.jpg

• Members

Semi-retired, I drive a tour bus part time, but that's sorta dried up right now, ya know. I'm a basement player of questionable ability. Sometimes I get, as they say, a 'wild hare up my ass' and draw some crazy guitars. I ride motorcycles a lot, and we own six of the damn things. I like airplanes too, but don't own or fly one. I have two cats and a wife, but there's also a cottontail rabbit living under our backyard shed, which is ok by me. I don't post much here anymore, but did quite a bit back in the 'old days' of Harmony Central. I own about twenty-five guitars, but only play three of them with any regularity. That's about it.

Here's a recent photo of me, taken just last week...

IMG_20200331_110314072_HDR.jpg

• Members

My real name is David and I live in suburban St. Louis and work for the US Postal Service as a contractor. I play rhythm guitar and occasionally bass in a praise band. I write songs when the inspiration hits, Country and Christian. I'm also a science fiction fan and occasionally write "filk," songs with SF or fantasy themes.

• Members

I’m a retired industrial mechanic and jack of all trades from Lancaster Pa.   I play mostly acoustic in a praise band  but mostly  electric at home  . I’ve always been partial to  hollow body and semi hollow body guitars but lately find myself hooked on telecasters

7CC06BAA-A9ED-4F28-83CE-DE1DC2411146.thumb.jpeg.1428d6310b4f570cd3fd0008de0d8527.jpeg

Gary

• Members

Thanks all! 

Mr Backlund.. I remember 'crowd' designing your 57 Chevy-ish guitar...   fun times! 

Ancient, Verne -- some of the old guard ..    JJPistols still around? Mazi Bee?  I have seen some of the others around in the other forums and of course our esstemeed admin. 

I know that Aslan had passed away years ago.. what about anyone else from way back when. 

Archived