All my gear together for the first time in 8 years

• Moderators

Very nice collection!!  But, dammit, now I feel inadequate...my axe collection in 2016...I've added a couple {an Applause fretless a/e bass, a D'Angelico 335 style and a Danelectro 12 string] and gave one [the Mahogany SG] away...I guess I need to do a new class photo, plus the amps, and the PA gear...

image.jpeg

the acoustics...

image.png

yes, I have a thing for black guitars...

• Like 3
  • Members
Posted (edited)

Tuck 'n' Roll Kustom FTW!

What model is that? 

In high school, I had a K150 bass head (w. tremolo and reverb!) and a bandmaster bottom that I installed a pair of switchable piezo tweeters into. I took it to a car interior guy who did the tuck 'n' roll on it to match the head. I wired the piezos to an extra foot switch. Loudest amp I ever owned and ear-piercing too. Nailed that Creedence Clearwater tone.

Really cool cast of players in those guitars too!

Edited by 6down1togo
  • Like 2
  • Members

I'm thinking of scattering what I've got in my condo in Jomtien Thailand. If I die alone (wife stuck in Bangkok), cops come in and steal everything of value. Multiple sources confirm this: lots of geezers here in Thailand cleaned out. You can't take it with you, but shouldn't mean cops can take it with them.

• Sad 2
  • Members
10 hours ago, guitarville said:

Have you ever been to a pawnshop? I have. That looks like my collection over the years that have gone to the back rooms of the pawnshops. 🙁

Haha, yes, I have been to many pawnshops!

• Like 1
  • Members
10 hours ago, mrbrown49 said:

Nice. What's the diamond blue ampeg in the middle?

That's a '90s USA Reverberocket R212R.  As the model numbers indicate (I guess the first R is for "Reverberocket" model, and the second for "reverb," though that seems kinda redundant, haha), 2x12", 50W all tube.

Here's a little better view:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Members
6 hours ago, Emory said:

I'm thinking of scattering what I've got in my condo in Jomtien Thailand. If I die alone (wife stuck in Bangkok), cops come in and steal everything of value. Multiple sources confirm this: lots of geezers here in Thailand cleaned out. You can't take it with you, but shouldn't mean cops can take it with them.

Zoinks!  Mojo sent.

• Thanks 1
  • Members
9 hours ago, 6down1togo said:

Tuck 'n' Roll Kustom FTW!

What model is that? 

In high school, I had a K150 bass head (w. tremolo and reverb!) and a bandmaster bottom that I installed a pair of switchable piezo tweeters into. I took it to a car interior guy who did the tuck 'n' roll on it to match the head. I wired the piezos to an extra foot switch. Loudest amp I ever owned and ear-piercing too. Nailed that Creedence Clearwater tone.

Really cool cast of players in those guitars too!

Thanks.  It's a Kustom 100.  100W solid state, cab is a J.B. Lansing 15".  Here's a little better stock shot:

spacer.png

• Members
10 hours ago, Brian Krashpad said:
Here's the lot. Have fun kids.  Any questions gladly answered.

49716887657_a697e0242c_b.jpg

49713309211_a99e35b79a_b.jpg

I think the last time you did this was the last time I was here!   Collection still looks amazing! 

• Like 1
  • Members
10 hours ago, daddymack said:

Very nice collection!!  But, dammit, now I feel inadequate...my axe collection in 2016...I've added a couple {an Applause fretless a/e bass, a D'Angelico 335 style and a Danelectro 12 string] and gave one [the Mahogany SG] away...I guess I need to do a new class photo, plus the amps, and the PA gear...

image.jpeg

the acoustics...

image.png

yes, I have a thing for black guitars...

Do you follow New Zealand rugby?  ;)  (They're called the "All Blacks,"  haha!)

• Members
11 hours ago, Brian Krashpad said:
Here's the lot. Have fun kids.  Any questions gladly answered.

49716887657_a697e0242c_b.jpg

49713309211_a99e35b79a_b.jpg

Nice man

I would be  embarrassed to put all my gear together. So I don't.

I don't want people to think I'm crazy or insane.

• Haha 1
  • Members
23 minutes ago, Mikeo said:

Nice man

I would be  embarrassed to put all my gear together. So I don't.

I don't want people to think I'm crazy or insane.

Oh, I'm well past that, all the neighbors already know.  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Members
1 minute ago, Brian Krashpad said:

Oh, I'm well past that, all the neighbors already know.  ;)

:D

Might get worse for me. I' m after a Martin 00028. Don't know if I want the standard or the EC model.

I heard both are awesome. I play more acoustic guitar these day, but when I plugs in have a small Yamaha THX 10 classic I plug into. The rest  are classic tube amps. They might be Vintage, only cause I have been play pretty much daily for 45 plus years.We both have ages.

I tell my wife, if could be worse. I could  have collected wife's or Vintage cars. The guitar GAS is way easier on the pocket book.

• Like 1
  • Members
3 hours ago, Brian Krashpad said:

That's a '90s USA Reverberocket R212R.  As the model numbers indicate (I guess the first R is for "Reverberocket" model, and the second for "reverb," though that seems kinda redundant, haha), 2x12", 50W all tube.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Great amps.  I have its little brother, the r12r and use it regularly.  

I also have an sr212rt which is ampegs answer to to the twin. A reissue j12t and an early 60s gemini 1.

• Like 2
  • Members
9 minutes ago, mrbrown49 said:

Great amps.  I have its little brother, the r12r and use it regularly.  

I also have an sr212rt which is ampegs answer to to the twin. A reissue j12t and an early 60s gemini 1.

A bandmate of mine had one of those vintage Geminis, a II, I think.  Big 1x15 combo.  Beat all to heck but sounded fantastic.

• Members
7 hours ago, Brian Krashpad said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Is that Ampeg a reissue? If an original, that is a one in a million. Those were great amps. Also, I bet that Twin Reverb with the JBL's is a monster!!! I got one on loan once when my amp was in the shop. The cleans never stopped no matter how loud.

• Like 1

Very nice collection Brian! 

What is the checkerboard guitar?

Also, what’s the deal with the Epiphone that kind of looks like a wine red Les Paul Deluxe? Did you add mini humbuckers to something that originally had P-90’s in it or...? 

PS You need some acoustics to flesh out the collection a bit... :idea: 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Brian Krashpad said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’ve always wanted one of those. Probably my favorite Ampeg guitar amp of all time! 

• Moderators

I believe that is a 'Breadwinner'...early 70's, Ovation went for the electric market...seemed to me they were just getting their feet under them at that point on the acoustic side...a very striking design, almost a love it or hate it thing, great choice for punk music, while still being a bit 'Jetsons-y'...

BK? Clarification?

• Like 1
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

Very nice collection Brian! 

Absolutely...awesome collection...

2 hours ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

What is the checkerboard guitar?

Indeed, overly Rick Nielsen!

Kramer?

Custom?

• Like 1